Phanteks P500A

Associate
my fan set up is 3 x 140's on the front 2 x 140's on the top and another 140 at the rear all noctua fans. case is very good am more than happy with mine it was a pleasure to build in.
Thanks, could you give a bit more detail on the fans you have i.e what models of Noctua and the typical temps you are seeing?

I ask because I currently have 2 Noctua are replacements for the 2 phanteks fans but their low rpm so I'm not sure if they would make good intake fans

Associate
it's these ones i have mate. i've noticed my gpu is a little bit cooler now since i switched case.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £18.65 (includes shipping: £4.66)
Thanks buddy, I will take a look at them more after work, the Noctua fans I currently have are the brown ones which already dont match to the black P500a frame but the grey ones will probably look better. Just means more mixing and matching but I prefer performance over aesthetics when it comes to cooling

Ree

Ree

Associate
Thanks buddy, I will take a look at them more after work, the Noctua fans I currently have are the brown ones which already dont match to the black P500a frame but the grey ones will probably look better. Just means more mixing and matching but I prefer performance over aesthetics when it comes to cooling

np their decent fans quite quiet as you would expect from noctua. mine usually run around 600-750 normally and when under full stress test they go to just under 1000 as once you go above that you start to hear the turbulence cause their shifting a fair amount of air. but then again what's acceptable to me noise wise might not be to you as everyone is different.

here's how they look (photo was took the day i got the case the middle fan is now attached to the front heatsink complete oversight on my part until i saw the pic and moved it lol)

55a1c66bb9413ed99008b7a8dff17ba3.jpg

Associate
np their decent fans quite quiet as you would expect from noctua. mine usually run around 600-750 normally and when under full stress test they go to just under 1000 as once you go above that you start to hear the turbulence cause their shifting a fair amount of air. but then again what's acceptable to me noise wise might not be to you as everyone is different.

here's how they look (photo was took the day i got the case the middle fan is now attached to the front heatsink complete oversight on my part until i saw the pic and moved it lol)

Nice! colour wise they look a lot better the default brown Noctua fans :D Those also have slightly higher static pressure and air flow. I think what im going to do is get some like those you have there (3 as intake) and then use my other 2 noctua fans as exhaust (so im thinking 5 140mm fans all together)

Associate

Hi

Can I ask which CPU cooler that is please?

thanks

Associate
A quick question please.

I have 3x 120mm Noctua fans to mount in the top of the case (in addition to 3x 140mm front intake and 1x 140mm rear exhaust).

I was originally thinking of configuring all of the top fans to be in an exhaust arrangement but now having second thoughts.

I’m now thinking it may be beneficial to have the fan closest to the front as an intake, leaving the rear 2 closer to the CPU as exhaust. I’m thinking that way will get more effective cool air in and avoid immediately exhausting some of the cool air brought in by the front intake?

Is my reasoning valid? Anyone any better ideas?

thanks!

Associate
Noctua D15s Chromax and i bought an extra A15 Chromax fan for it :)

It was cheaper than what it's showing here btw.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £122.68 (includes shipping: £8.70)

Thank you.

I have the standard D15 (same 150mm width as the S). I don’t have my motherboard or CPU yet though and was worrying about a conflict with the GPU. Looks to be plenty of room.

p.s I have a load of spare rubber corner vibration covers that I won’t be using if you wanted some white ones sending your way for the interior side of your fans.

Thanks

Last edited:

Ree

Ree

Associate
Thank you.

I have the standard D15 (same 150mm width as the S). I don’t have my motherboard or CPU yet though and was worrying about a conflict with the GPU. Looks to be plenty of room.

p.s I have a load of spare rubber corner vibration covers that I won’t be using if you wanted some white ones sending your way for the interior side of your fans.

Thanks

I can just fit my fingers in between the cooler and gpu to push the pcie slot latch but if you have hands like shovels then a screwdriver will be needed :D

Thanks for the offer bud that's very kind of you but am good. I got all the different colours with the individual fan and used the black ones. Think i've got yellow, green, blue, red and white leftover in their little box.

Soldato

I have a question about the vertical triple slot. Do you think there is enough room to fit an RTX 3090 in there vertically with a Noctua D15s? This is the exact same setup I'm considering.

Ree

Ree

Associate
I have a question about the vertical triple slot. Do you think there is enough room to fit an RTX 3090 in there vertically with a Noctua D15s? This is the exact same setup I'm considering.

This is the best i can do for you mate. The cooler hangs over that first slot dunno if it shows good in the pic. That measurement is what you have to work with.

a16532fbdd70d6443ae473225d274caf.jpg

Soldato
This is the best i can do for you mate. The cooler hangs over that first slot dunno if it shows good in the pic. That measurement is what you have to work with.

a16532fbdd70d6443ae473225d274caf.jpg
That's better than I was hoping for! Thanks.

The card is 3.36 cm wide. I think it might just fit. I found a photo a while ago of an RTX 2080 Ti in that case with the same cooler and it fitted. I'm not fussed if it doesn't fit well, as I still like the case. Not like it has to cool on that side, so clearance is less of an issue really.

Soldato
That's better than I was hoping for! Thanks.

The card is 3.36 cm wide. I think it might just fit. I found a photo a while ago of an RTX 2080 Ti in that case with the same cooler and it fitted. I'm not fussed if it doesn't fit well, as I still like the case. Not like it has to cool on that side, so clearance is less of an issue really.

If "it might just fit", there may not be enough space between the fans and the side for them to actually get any air to push over your card. Vertical mounting is great for watercooled cards but often not so good for aircooled.

Back
Top Bottom