Philips Momentum - 43" 4K HDR

Soldato
My 436M6 Has been ordered! Paid under £700 shipped including VAT :)

Will be posting impressions here as soon as it arrives from European distributor. It went on sale at about 9am and I'd bought it by 9.01 lol.

Good luck, I hope it's as awesome as it sounds.

Looking forward to seeing your thoughts. What monitor are you coming from, out of interest?

Soldato
Good luck, I hope it's as awesome as it sounds.

Looking forward to seeing your thoughts. What monitor are you coming from, out of interest?

I have had Dell 3008, then Samsung 28" 4k, then Panasonic AX802B 50" then This Sony 55XD8599 - IPS and reasonable HDR for windows 10 but I always wanted a bit smaller, a lot less latency and a lot more brightness.

It's clearly going to be better for DSE and Clouding than any of those. The Dell had the best colour, the Samsung was stupidly tiny with terrible viewing angles, the panasonic was a very early 4k with awful clouding left centre and right centre, The Sony gets grey in the top left and right corners when the brightness ramps up.

Associate
I have had Dell 3008, then Samsung 28" 4k, then Panasonic AX802B 50" then This Sony 55XD8599 - IPS and reasonable HDR for windows 10 but I always wanted a bit smaller, a lot less latency and a lot more brightness.

It's clearly going to be better for DSE and Clouding than any of those. The Dell had the best colour, the Samsung was stupidly tiny with terrible viewing angles, the panasonic was a very early 4k with awful clouding left centre and right centre, The Sony gets grey in the top left and right corners when the brightness ramps up.

Im jealous - Ive been looking forward to this monitor for well over a year but cant afford it atm ... would suit me perfectly from my understanding. Looking forward to your review when you compare it to ips screens.

Soldato
Waiting to hear your thoughts. Tempted by this myself for the immersion as ultra wide just didn't do it for me. I'm turn between this or going 32" for the higher Hz. Coming from a 27" 60hz either will be a good upgrade.

Soldato
My parcel went missing. The price has shot up to £968 now if I wanted it replaced. I feel it went missing because they mispriced it. Urgh. Parcel search underway.

lol thats dodgy as hell. Also it was meant to be 700, who in their right mind would pay a grand for a 60hz screen? :|

Soldato
My parcel went missing. The price has shot up to £968 now if I wanted it replaced. I feel it went missing because they mispriced it. Urgh. Parcel search underway.

That sucks man, and sounds really dodgy. I've seen the vendors selling it and thought they all looked a bit suss...

Soldato
Man that sounds very dodgy.. how come the lables have been swapped?

My shop tried to get my address updated as they sent the European shipper my house number plus a bit of mobile number and many labels were stuck on the box so it kept circulating in the Leicester area. I have been assured they have checked and removed the labels and tomorrow it will we sent to the south coast.

Associate
My shop tried to get my address updated as they sent the European shipper my house number plus a bit of mobile number and many labels were stuck on the box so it kept circulating in the Leicester area. I have been assured they have checked and removed the labels and tomorrow it will we sent to the south coast.
Finger crossed. Hope you will get it soon. Any idea when will OCUK stock it?

Back
Top Bottom