• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

PhysX launched today.

Soldato
You can buy them as of today - a you want to drop hints on competitors , Mods may drop your account is selling pc's with these cards in them (I think the delivery/build time's about 1 1/2 weeks)

fini

Soldato
LoadsaMoney said:
Get one of these at about £200+ to go with your £500 7900GTX, £700+ just for your graphics, as i say **** that. :D
since when has the PPU had anything to do with graphics? it is a dedicated processing unit to take load off the CPU so it is connected more to the cpu than the GPU

Caporegime
Odd i thought these cards did all the physx so that you could still maintain high frames on yer maxed out graphics, now if your gona start to get a drop in frames on your £500 card because you can't handle the phsyx as well, then your going to get one, wether its connected to the CPU/GPU, your gona buy one as you dont want your frames to suffer.

Last edited:
Soldato
LoadsaMoney said:
Odd i thought these cards did all the physx so that you could still maintain high frames on yer maxed out graphics, now if your gona start to get a drop in frames on your £500 card because you can't handle the phsyx as well, then your going to get one.
from where im seeing it it helps fps by taking load off of the CPU which allows for AI and phisics to be calculated faster thus increasing overall performance and gaining a few FPS.

EDIT: also allows for much more complicated phisics engines to be developed

Last edited:
Caporegime
Yes it helps fps, but if you have a x1900/GTX and your frame rates are gona suffer, your gona get one as i said, you need the graphics card as well.

Theres some ppl already out there with the £500 GTX's, they are going to get these so their frame-rares don't suffer, and if they are gona be £200+, to me that makes £700+

Soldato
NightSt@lk3r said:
from where im seeing it it helps fps by taking load off of the CPU which allows for AI and phisics to be calculated faster thus increasing overall performance and gaining a few FPS.

EDIT: also allows for much more complicated phisics engines to be developed

only on games which are designed with the PhysX card in mind though

Caporegime
You can't tell me though, that no one is going to have a top end card, and one of these.

We are talking £700+ as theres loads of ppl out there with x1900's, 7900 GTX's, you can't tell me not one single person form those would not get one of these cards to help maintain their high frame rates, if not then its an absolute waste of time, should not have been developed as no one wants it.

Soldato
sunlitsix said:
well at the moment i cant see anyone with a high-end card buying one of these to go with it.
when there are more games that support and use the PhysX card then i don't see why not.
im not telling you to go buy it, your all giving reasons why you wont buy it so im giving some reasons why someone might buy it.
I personally will probably never get one.

EDIT: here is a support list of games http://physx.ageia.com/titles.html

Caporegime
Yeah theres gona be loads of ppl buying em to go with their £500 cards when they are worth buying, were up to £500 now for a graphics card, they ain't miraculously going to start to go down in price from now on, i can't see the G80 only coming out at about £200, or the R600.

Back
Top Bottom