• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

PhysX launched today.

Caporegime
Yeah theres gona be loads of ppl buying em to go with their £500 cards when they are worth buying, were up to £500 now for a graphics card, they ain't miraculously going to start to go down in price from now on, i can't see the G80 only coming out at about £200, or the R600, or the cards after that, and that........

Odd double post. sorry.

I think som ppl are thinking that when these cards are worth buying, then graphics cards are not going to be priced like they are now £500, imo they will be.

Last edited:
Soldato
not all graphics cards are going to cost you £500 though are they ;)
and not all of us shell out that big sum for the best of the best in graphics card hardware, i think with a semi decent X850/6800 series and the PPU the games could be decent with destructable walls etc, but thats only if they get the marketing off the ground for this, and have almost every important game coded for the optional ppu unit.

Soldato
I was all ready not to buy one, then I saw that video of the exploding jeep on the other thread.

I want my jeeps to explode like that :(

Dammit *starts looking for better paid job*

Suspended
my view is if you spend £500 on a graphics you expect it toplay games for some time at high FPS or what is the point in buying it? if the cards cant handle it then the games market best start coding better to make it so they can caus i fail to see why anybody needs 1 of these

n3x

n3x

Associate
King_Boru said:
I think it will take off, going to be awesome. Been keeping an eye on this for a long time.

Ditto!

Really looking forward to seeing what future games will be like if this really takes off. Physics to me as important as graphics if not more important.

Yeah initially it sounds expensive (like all new tech) but if people have got 500 quid to throw away on a graphics card in the first place then im sure another 200 is nothing to them! People will buy them, would they risk wasting all their money developing something they think no-one is gonna buy? :confused:

I want one!

Caporegime
Sanzy said:
my view is if you spend £500 on a graphics you expect it toplay games for some time at high FPS or what is the point in buying it? if the cards cant handle it then the games market best start coding better to make it so they can caus i fail to see why anybody needs 1 of these

Theres absolutely loads off ppl out there who keep saying 'i cant play games at less than 60fps', i can't see them having the 6800/x850's in the latest games getting no lower than 60fps, even if they do get these cards, they will have the high end cards so they can have their '60 fps minimum', and will get these cards to keep it that way. :)

They know they are going to sell otherwise they would'nt have been developed.

Soldato
If it can improve games to the level of that demo then there's no question I'll get one, it's a case of chicken and egg really, people won't buy them if no games support it and developers won't develop for it if no one buys the cards.

locutus12 said:
£170 is abit steep for a glorified geometry calculator...

Ummmmmm, I really don't think so, what with people being so cpu limited these days if this eventually becomes supported in games as standerd then this is a much cheaper option than upgrading to a high end cpu or going for a sli setup, I hate sli and x-fire, but this, I like it, if it can help take the load of my cpu and lower the cpu limitation then its in my good books, not only is it going to help get every last frame out your 400+ gfx card, your also going to get extra performance on top of that due to having hardware supported physX, A.I. card's next anyone :p :p .

Last edited:
Permabanned
LoadsaMoney said:
They know they are going to sell otherwise they would'nt have been developed.

Ooooh theres a whole list just waiting to be dragged up here...

Virtual Boy
sinclair C5
MSX Standard
Betamax
Phillips CDI
CD 32
Daikatana
Atari Jaguar

etc etc all very field of dreams "Build it and they shall come" but ultimately now all RIP. could happen with this also, now if these were added onto future generations of gfx card supported by both nVidia and ATI then yes it's a goer, In fact I can't imagine why they haven't licensed it out to both co's

n3x

n3x

Associate
lol betamax rocked! far better than vhs. Didnt people also refuse to believe there was any need for a dedicated gpu?

Stickin em on the graphics card is probly the way to go though, wouldnt be suprised if asus or bfg release an all in 1 card for a ludicrous amount of money :eek:

Soldato
In five years time, when we all have physics cards we'll all rofl long and hard about this thread. In fact, this thread should be archived for the sole purpose of quoting people from it in five years time.

fini

Soldato
Heartless_King said:
BTW will the card be PCI or something? So you till have your SLI/single combo then this additional card in pci?
iirc i saw a pci and pci-e versions with the pci-e being the "higher end" card.

Back
Top Bottom