• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

PhysX launched today.

yeah its abit dissapointing, u'd think with the xbox 360 taking a lot of pc gamers away from pc gaming, prices would be going down not up :(

u getting one then loadsamoney? :p

I can think of other things I'd rather spend £200 on, considering no games currently support it. Bit cheeky really, charging that on top of the premium we currently pay for gfx cards. I know we have the choice whether or not to buy it, but further down the line, games will be designed with this in mind leaving us no choice but to buy the damn thing :p
They'll probably come down in price though, ~£100 would be acceptable.

chaparral said:
So if a game supports this card...Can we get away with a very cheap low end cpu???

I never really thought about it that way but yeah i would imagine so seeing as the physx card takes a lot of strain away from the cpu.

sja360 said:
yea in theory you could probably use something around 2ghz to play the latest games.

If most the new games coming out support this card,,
Then this card could workout a cheap upgrade later on...(maybe no need to have buy the lastest cpu and motherboard to have good fps...there's me wishing again)

This card and most definitely the price deserves a:

:/

Costs around the same as a 7900GT which is a damn good GFX card. I wont be buying until I see a load of games that support it that I WANT to play, just like SM3.0...

ps3ud0 :cool:

£200????? Tell 'em 'es dreamin!

No way am I even going to consider spending that much just so I can warm my living room a bit more.

You wait, I'm willing to put money on a release of a PhysX integrated DX10 card. The games aren't all of a sudden going to require the Physx engine, probably not even in the next 6 months. Buy one when you have to spend the extra on upgrading to a DX10 capable card. Until then...MEH! :o

Good work, OcUK on getting the product up as promptly as you have, full respect.

Would be nice to see the first quatre and second quatre sales figures :)

chaparral said:
If most the new games coming out support this card,,
Then this card could workout a cheap upgrade later on...(maybe no need to have buy the lastest cpu and motherboard to have good fps...there's me wishing again)

provided you went middle of the road initially and didnt skin flint on the board and chip, (i.e. jetway board with a sempron / Celleron) you wouldnt need to change your board and cpu for good frame rates for a good year after youve bought it... :confused:

as for the price of this... its sickening, especially given the fact that youve just spend X ammount on a graphics card, well to the rich poor divide for the computer generation. get it down to £60 to £80 and it might be viable, but the price its at currently is just awful.

Last edited:
What was everyone expecting - of course it was going to be expensive when it came out. The price will quickly drop when competition and games come out.
Geeze... some of you guys :p

Goksly said:
What was everyone expecting - of course it was going to be expensive when it came out. The price will quickly drop when competition and games come out.
Geeze... some of you guys :p

what competition?

I think the technology is here to stay! But yeah it makes a lot more sense to bring out a gfx/physx combo card but then again could u imagine the price of that? I've got a funny feeling it'll stay as a standalone card...

SteveOBHave said:
Like I said before - I think it will be a short lived piece of hardware, it's going to be in the interests of Ageia to licence the hardware to VGA card producers and integrate the technology. Meh to buying it now.

I agree, this will flop. They will have to start putting the chips onto video cards for people to really take it up. But then I dont think ATI/Nvidia will allow it, as they have their own plans for physics.

PCs should be getting simpler and cheaper, the industry doesnt want more addon cards, and niether do 99% of the public. This is a step back to like having voodoo graphics along side your 2d card, people dont want two cards (or 3) to play games.

Back
Top Bottom