• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

PhysX launched today.

n3x

n3x

Associate
Has everyone seen cellfactor in action?

Its sposed to be "Only with Ageia Physx" but then how come its being released on the xbox 360??? What does microsoft have up their sleeve?

Soldato
PhysX is just a hardware process dedicated to running their API. They have licensed their API & SDK's out to various people including of course, MS and Sony for the PS3

n3x

n3x

Associate
but i wouldnt have thought the 360 would have the processing power to perform all that lovely physics in the cellfactor vids?

Soldato
I'll probably consider one of these later on when the price drops and if more games support it. If there's not many games supporting it, i don't see the point in one. At the moment, if you buy one you're going to be sat there with one in your PC and nothing to do with it.

Caporegime
BubbySoup said:
It's all relative though. That kind of price is an impulse purchase to many people on this forum. There will always be a core group of people prepared to pay for the best and as long as there are enough of these people, the niche markets stay afloat - look at phase change for instance.

If you had said to me a few years ago that I was going to pay £650 for a monitor, I would have laughed at you. But now, well, I wouldn't be without my 2405 ;)

Yeah they are going to be selling in droves, and it doesn't matter if theres nothing using them yet, i bet the pre-orders are flying in for them as we type. :D

n3x

n3x

Associate
i'd be one of those people if i had the spare cash! I sooo wanna play those tech demos lols :rolleyes: but seriously... i would :p

Associate
some people will still buy them, I think I'll sit on the fence until the 256mb version comes out, hopefully games will surface by then.

The price is not suprising to me (not in terms of personal value), as the USA rrp is $299, so £170 before VAT sounds about right, so we're not paying more than our friends abroad (apart from VAT), which is something new, I do agree it's an expensive enhancment device though..............

Last edited:
Soldato
Twas my understanding that the first game out to support it will be the advanced fighter game. Thats not out till May iirc -> so why are people even thinking about buying one now. Or have I missed something? :}

Soldato
I would be surprised if when prices settle down that the 512mb version comes in at the £200 price point. It will take a while, but not miles away i feel.

Associate
I have seen nothing to suggest the release of a 512mb version as yet, though it is inevitable. I think 256mb will be soon, but 512mb will be a while away.....

Unless you know different.............

Last edited:
Soldato
I can't find anything about 512's either, but I'm hoping the 256Mb ones to come in at the current price point of £200 once they arrive.

First thing to do though is rip that whiney-looking fan off :D

Caporegime
I can see 512mb ones coming eventually. :)

Just think these guys do whole machines for about 3k, now its going to be about 1.5k-2k just for 2 graphics, and a PhysX card, i cant wait to see their pre-built SLi/Crossfire systems with these in. :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom