Pic of my Eyefinity set up

Associate
iv just got 3 monitors and another 5870 (2 now) and i can only get 2 monitors to work it just refuses to recognise the 3rd monitor iv connectyed them all straight into the cards do i need to get an adaptor??

Permabanned
iv just got 3 monitors and another 5870 (2 now) and i can only get 2 monitors to work it just refuses to recognise the 3rd monitor iv connectyed them all straight into the cards do i need to get an adaptor??

They all need to be on one card and one needs to be on displayport.

I've just got my third 2408 over the weekend, got a borked one from ebay for £120 that dell have said they'll replace for me!

The replacement was supposed to come on friday until they told me the system hadn't registered that 2408s were out of stock. :o :rolleyes:

Associate
10022010847.jpg

its like she is lying across your desk saying come and get me :D

Associate
I really dont/can't see the point in more than 2 screens. To clearly view it all then you have to tilt your head quite a bit. So you cannot clearly see all 3 screens well at once.

Well its the pepheriral vision, you don't directly look at the side monitors.

I personally hate playing with only one now, i feel so boxed in.

Soldato
Ace Modder you should change your name mate :p

Peripheral vision .. you notice when you look at something infront of you, you still can see roughly 180degrees. So with FPS games you get better spacial awareness and greater feeling of immersion. It works even better for driving games where the 2 side screens display fast moving side scenery which gives you better feeling of speed. And finally, with dual screens you have 2 bezels right at 12 o'clock making it useless for most games. Youtube "Eyefinity".

:)

Associate
Have got the bug myself now. Just ordered another 2 monitors for 5760x1200 :D Hope the single 5870 is up to it. My display port > vga adapter arrived today and seems to be working perfectly. Roll on Thursday for the monitors!!

Last edited:
Associate
This should give me an excuse to get a lend of nice hardware, maby a good topic of dissertation if I can think of a way to discuss the benefits/pitfalls.

Will the new nVidia cards be able to do anything similar to the ATI Eyefinity?

I would expect nVidia to do their best to achieve a similar result, their new cards have displayport but I would doubt the initial drivers will be mature enough. Expect nVidia's brilliant driver team to keep working on it, as all the hardware requirements are in place. Technically it doesn't sound too challenging, simply applying surfaces of such a resolution and outputting it as one signal, but there will be hidden drawbacks all over no doubt.

Back
Top Bottom