Pic of my Eyefinity set up

Soldato
JAYJT29 - dude awesome setup you got there, I hope to have something similar hee hee. I just wanted to ask ya - do you see significant image distortion/streching on the outer screens when playing games?

Thanx :)

Associate
For those that said get another 3 monitors across the top, I saw this in action yesterday and i couldnt help but think it was utterly useless. Imagine playing a FPS and the part of the screen your looking at most (the damn crosshair) is split by a couple of inches of screen bezels

I wouldnt mind trying 3 widescreens all turned 90degrees for 3840*1920

Soldato
I really dont/can't see the point in more than 2 screens. To clearly view it all then you have to tilt your head quite a bit. So you cannot clearly see all 3 screens well at once.

for me...

[ -- 19" -- ][ --- 24" ---][ -- 19" -- ]

I'll only use the ones on the left though

[ Web ][ Visual Studio][MSN/IRC/VIDEO]

Associate
Ive just pushed the button on 3 monitors - should be here at end of week!

What GPU will I need to get the best out of this kind of set up guys?? I was thinking 5970 then somebody said maybe 2 5870's???

Associate
Me too! :D owait!

IMG_1219.jpg

Associate
Cavemanoc you do gain some FOV i think.... Res is 3150*1680 or with bezel compensation 3414*1680

The inside bezel diagonal is roughly 44in i would try them out in landscape but dont have the space right now, but am about to move house :D

Soldato
Cool - thanks for that - works out to a fraction better than 16:9 (excluding the bezels) - which means you will have a pretty normal FOV - nice big chunk of real estate though!

From my old BF2 days I'd really love to run those screens with the middle monitor in Portrait and the side 2 in landscape - good peripheral view and you can see the Buggers trying to sneak off the top of the screen in the dogfights! ;)

Back
Top Bottom