Pic of my Eyefinity set up

Associate
Is there any lag from using a non active adapter. Seems the cheapest way so far to do it but I want it to be right.

I haven't had any problems since I got it working (just remember to do things in the right order) but there are a few reports on that other forum of the display port monitor flicking on and off. Seems to depend on the exact adapter used.

Associate
The easiest way round this is to set up some profiles under CCC. I have a few depending on what I want to do. ctrl+alt+e gives me eyefinity, ctrl+alt+3 gives me 3 monitor extended desktop and ctrl+alt+1 gives me the centre monitor. Works nicley.

but if you dont use eyefinity and use the 3 monitor extended desktop the task bar will only be in the centre ? i thought you have to use eyefinity to get the task bar across all screens (left = start, centre=bar right=clock)

?

cheers

Associate
but if you dont use eyefinity and use the 3 monitor extended desktop the task bar will only be in the centre ? i thought you have to use eyefinity to get the task bar across all screens (left = start, centre=bar right=clock)

?

cheers

Yes, eyefinity will extend the taskbar across all screens with the start button at the extreme left and the tray at the extreme right. When running in extended mode I use display fusion to give me a taskbar on each screen.

Associate
Yes, eyefinity will extend the taskbar across all screens with the start button at the extreme left and the tray at the extreme right. When running in extended mode I use display fusion to give me a taskbar on each screen.

thanks so why would you use both but are just the same ? your doing the same thing when using display fusion so why not just use eyefinty.

Associate
thanks so why would you use both but are just the same ? your doing the same thing when using display fusion so why not just use eyefinty.

With extended mode and display fusion the monitors get treated individually. If I have a program open on one of the monitors and hit maximise then it maximises on that monitor. With eyefinity it maximises across all the monitors as windows just sees one big monitor. Display fusion does a few other things like icons in the taskbar of the appropriate monitor etc.

Associate
Nice setup:) I'm really itching to get an eyefinity rig, but i'm holding off as I don't think the graphics cards are currently powerful enough to run three screens with the setting options I want.
For me the most exciting thing about all of the new generation cards from ati/nvidia has been eyefinity. I'm actually surprised more PC peeps aren't interested in it.

Associate
Nice setup:) I'm really itching to get an eyefinity rig, but i'm holding off as I don't think the graphics cards are currently powerful enough to run three screens with the setting options I want.
For me the most exciting thing about all of the new generation cards from ati/nvidia has been eyefinity. I'm actually surprised more PC peeps aren't interested in it.

What sort of settings are you after spazzfish? I'm still in the process in working on some gpu clocks on my system but I tried MW2 and Dragons age on it with max details and it works fine! I didn't have max details on BFC2 as I spent a lot more time on Dragons Age.

Associate
What sort of settings are you after spazzfish? I'm still in the process in working on some gpu clocks on my system but I tried MW2 and Dragons age on it with max details and it works fine! I didn't have max details on BFC2 as I spent a lot more time on Dragons Age.

I like having max eye candy, normally 16xAF an 2xAA with games not dropping below 30fps(the higher here the better especially for online fps).
I don't mind losing the AA especially at 5760*1080, but I don't fancy setting things down to medium quality. List of what i'm currenty playing:

BFBC2
Dragon Age
Dirt 2
Just Cause 2
TF2
Killing floor
Bioshock 2

Obviously i'm not expecting to play things like metro/crysis on eyefinity yet. I'd just stick to 1920*1080 for those.
What's also proving a problem is finding a damn active display port adapter. I can't find stock of one anywhere:(

Associate
Spazzfish

OCUK should have stock pretty soon. But I'm pretty sure you can get one if you google it.

Dragons Age - I max it out at 5760 * 1200 with my card.

System in signature.

Man of Honour
Setup my own eyefinity rig over the weekend. 3x1920x1200 24" screens in portrait mode. Absolute heaven in games :) and damn useful for coding.

Bezels aren't really a problem. For the first couple of minutes I noticed them but after that you tune them out.

Associate
Spazzfish

OCUK should have stock pretty soon. But I'm pretty sure you can get one if you google it.

Dragons Age - I max it out at 5760 * 1200 with my card.

System in signature.

You have the current top of the range card. I'd as a minimum have to get another 5870 and crossfire it, even then it wouldn't perform much better then your 5970.
I'm going to get the screens and adapter first (hopefully in the next 2 weeks), then wait for the next round of cards from ATI, which i'm hoping are not that far away.

Associate
Setup my own eyefinity rig over the weekend. 3x1920x1200 24" screens in portrait mode
Have you tried in landscape mode as well? I'm struggling for desk space, and the only way I could fit 3x24" screens is in portrait mode. I'm just not sure how games look in that mode compared to landscape.

Man of Honour
Have you tried in landscape mode as well? I'm struggling for desk space, and the only way I could fit 3x24" screens is in portrait mode. I'm just not sure how games look in that mode compared to landscape.

I've not tried landscape due in part to desktop space. Personally I have enough difficulty seeing everything on the sides of the the total monitor space as it is - I think it'd be extremely difficult in landscape mode.

Associate
Hi all

so if I get a 3 monitor setup and don't use eyefinity can I

1 have different wallpapers on each monitor
2 have 1 wallpaper strech on all monitors
3 open say Photoshop on all 3 monitors to have a big working area

as I would keep my task bar just in the centre

q4 can u do the above 1 to 3 q on an eyefinity setup to

I know when open windows I would have to use a pogram to stop it from max out on all 3 monitors

cheers

Associate
Quick pic of my current setup :p
27032010004.jpg

Not great quality but im sure its whats on the monitors that count ;)
Hi all

so if I get a 3 monitor setup and don't use eyefinity can I

1 have different wallpapers on each monitor
2 have 1 wallpaper strech on all monitors
3 open say Photoshop on all 3 monitors to have a big working area

as I would keep my task bar just in the centre

q4 can u do the above 1 to 3 q on an eyefinity setup to

I know when open windows I would have to use a pogram to stop it from max out on all 3 monitors

1) yes
2) No but you could crop an image into 3 images.
3) No
4) Yes

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom