Pic: Your desk...RIGHT NOW

22221787_10215265448656465_3635508444031912509_n.jpg

I do envy some of these desk setups posted here. I would love to have the room to have a decent sized desk. Keeping the PC in my chosen room doesn't help, but I I tried it in other rooms before and it just doesn't seem to work.
So I''m kinda stuck with the worlds smallest all in one type metal computer desk wedged into an alcove with a 34" UW monitor sat on top :(
Not exactly end of the world stuff but kinda annoying when your monitor is wider than your desk.

Taken this morning, just before I start work (at home). I have some plans to get a stand to raise the MBP up and a stand for my phone soon.

34427536862_71db107dfc_b.jpg

Here's my desk earlier today, not staged like above ;)

Just got back from holiday so just jumped on my MBP to process some photos.

Ah that's a proper setup! Big huge screen! That said, I would totally add two more screens and place them at the sides. :D

Haha I'd love too but I wouldn't have room.

I'm actually debating on switching to an ultrawide, but can't ever decide on one to choose because of the panel lottery with IPS monitors, and the lack of G-sync VA monitors

Haha I'd love too but I wouldn't have room.

I'm actually debating on switching to an ultrawide, but can't ever decide on one to choose because of the panel lottery with IPS monitors, and the lack of G-sync VA monitors

If you move the PC, you can place a other monitor like a 24" there, even place it at the front, am guessing there is room on the other side too.

Yeah true,but I like the PC where it is as I’ve designed it to be a bit of a showpiece. I tried it vertical ways across the desk instead of horizontal but seeing the wires out the back (so the window was still in view) drove my OCD mad

From this (for years).....

pQbcRwh.jpg

to......

23BRb18.jpg

still a lot to sort out yet. Desk from Argos, which took longer to build up than it did to move the PC setup from one room to another...!

Both the 21:9 34" and 16:9 27" are 1440p so moving stuff from one to another doesn't resize windows etc.
When the monitors are next to each other I can tell the differences a little more from the VA to the IPS panel, some of those differences could be adjusted but others are due to the type of screen.

Just nice to have some room, after decades of using very compact type desks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom