Pic: Your desk...RIGHT NOW

Associate
I had a nice desk with a not so good pc and now i have good pc and a terrible thing for a desk, my desk broke when i was moving i dont think it was meant to be taken apart.

yBm5USs.jpg
C634lXB.jpg
esEp61H.jpg

Associate
I had a nice desk with a not so good pc and now i have good pc and a terrible thing for a desk, my desk broke when i was moving i dont think it was meant to be taken apart.

Nice kit, only the lack of leg space! Not sure if you can get to an Ikea store, a £16 Linnmon desk would be better, it will fit on the backseat of a car and at a guess, fit the space in your photo.

Associate
Yes you cant get your legs underneath (it was a old bedside cabinet) so you have to watch out for banging your knees,:eek: O i like that Linnmon desk goes well with the pc case, we have just had a store open up close to us, nice one:)

Last edited:
Associate
Nice kit, only the lack of leg space! Not sure if you can get to an Ikea store, a £16 Linnmon desk would be better, it will fit on the backseat of a car and at a guess, fit the space in your photo.

Nice idea for that desk, but it feels a bit to cheap and not that sturdy:eek: Just been messing to see if putting my monitor higher up will look better, I think it does so i might see what i can find.

TTFZVeb.jpg

Associate
Nice idea for that desk, but it feels a bit to cheap and not that sturdy:eek: Just been messing to see if putting my monitor higher up will look better, I think it does so i might see what i can find.

Understand the concern! :) Purely suggested as a temporary solution as bumping shins just makes me wince!

I have my tower sitting on the Linnmon as a secondary desk with a 22" graphics tablet. I have found that as long as you don't clout; it should be okay. ;)

I plan to invest in a recycled wood desk long term.

Associate
Has anyone fashioned some sort of desk extension, or little side table that fits over their tower? I've got a HAF 922, which is rather large and has a fan on top so can't really put stuff directly on top of the tower. I have it sitting on the floor next to my desk, but would like to use the space above the tower for some additional desk space. Maybe for a little mannequin head to hold my headphones, or a tablet stand.

Associate
I don't know what mrs wigster is going to say now i have pinched her dressing table:D:confused: It looks a bit cramped but i think it will do as a temporary desk.

owLKbCI.jpg
3tV56Gq.jpg

Associate
So for the people who are using Ikea kitchen worktop do they come in one length and are you cutting to the length you want?

They come in 2 sizes 186cm or 246cm. I had to get a custom size from them and it costs a bit more and the wait time can be around 6 weeks.

Also you can cut it yourself if you need it smaller than any of those sizes, should come with an end strip so you stick it on end.

Back
Top Bottom