[PIC_THREAD] Landscapes, Architecture, Seascapes

Soldato
Nice, turned out great. Did you just come back from there? How funny because I've just got home from taking similar long exposure shots! I started off at the dolphin and girl fountain at St Katharine Docks just below the bridge. :)

Thanks, got home an hour ago. I wanted to do a pic of the London Eye as well, but run out of time. I might go back at the weekend.

There was so many people there taking pictures, I could've passed you :)

Actually, it was your pictures that inspired me to go and try for myself. Thanks :)

Soldato
Thanks, got home an hour ago. I wanted to do a pic of the London Eye as well, but run out of time. I might go back at the weekend.

There was so many people there taking pictures, I could've passed you :)

Yeah, lots of people! Often standing in the way of my composition as I've no doubt happened to you, it's annoying isn't it. How very dare they. :p I also got home about an hour ago, I walked back to Tower Hill tube station around 11.15pm. Yeah we might have passed each other and not known it. :)

Soldato
Yeah, lots of people! Often standing in the way of my composition as I've no doubt happened to you, it's annoying isn't it. How very dare they. :p I also got home about an hour ago, I walked back to Tower Hill tube station around 11.15pm. Yeah we might have passed each other and not known it. :)

Yeah i had people in my way, and also bugging me with "Can you take a picture of me" while I'm trying to sort my own pictures out :)

I also noticed that my lens/camera needs cleaning as there's loads of 'splodges' on my pics :(

Soldato
Yeah i had people in my way, and also bugging me with "Can you take a picture of me" while I'm trying to sort my own pictures out :)

I also noticed that my lens/camera needs cleaning as there's loads of 'splodges' on my pics :(

Lol yeah, I regularly get couples handing me their phones asking me to take a photo of them. I tell them to come to me as I'm not leaving my camera and tripod unattended. :) I also took a long exposure last night that had spots on it. I only just noticed it so got a zeiss wipe and took the shot again. Usually easily removed though with spot removal in Lightroom or Photoshop.

Soldato
Speaking of lens splodges, I did a sensor photo test and noticed there's several small white rings on my sensor. I think they're dried water marks rather than dust. So I'll have to buy a sensor cleaning kit. My photos only showed one of them which I removed in Lightroom. Here's a couple of shots from Tower Bridge.

View From Tower Bridge
by Merlin 5, on Flickr

Tower Bridge, London
by Merlin 5, on Flickr

Last edited:
Soldato
Speaking of lens splodges, I did a sensor photo test and noticed there's several small white rings on my sensor. I think they're dried water marks rather than dust. So I'll have to buy a sensor cleaning kit. My photos only showed one of them which I removed in Lightroom. Here's a couple of shots from Tower Bridge.

Very nice.

I'm going to go back on Saturday for the Eye, it looks awesome all lit up.

Soldato
a1vJTnf.png

Sorry Merlin5, I ended up on Tower Bridge and took a picture very similar to what you did. I feel like I ripped you off :)

But it is a gorgeous view from there. Just a shame that tv screen ruins it :(

Soldato
a1vJTnf.png

Sorry Merlin5, I ended up on Tower Bridge and took a picture very similar to what you did. I feel like I ripped you off :)

But it is a gorgeous view from there. Just a shame that tv screen ruins it :(

Lovely Cyclone, nicely done. Yep, it is a fabulous view. :) Nope you haven't ripped me off, we both shot a classic view that no doubt many have done before us! :p It's always nice to see someone else's take on focal length and processing.

Soldato
DApiAMJ.png

Another adventure into London. Dodging the cyclists, getting asked to take peoples photos and spending far too much on a beer :)

How do people add pictures from their flickr accounts? My pics seem rather big on here.

Soldato
DApiAMJ.png

Another adventure into London. Dodging the cyclists, getting asked to take peoples photos and spending far too much on a beer :)

How do people add pictures from their flickr accounts? My pics seem rather big on here.

I was about say the same as Phil. You've found it now though. Yeah, really nicely done Cyclone. :) I think that's London Bridge isn't it?

Back
Top Bottom