[PIC_THREAD] Landscapes, Architecture, Seascapes

Associate
What I would say about your shot is if your going to have that much sky in the frame it really needs to pop and yours looks a bit flat. Easy to fix in photoshop with a couple of layers and a blend and if your going to really get into this I can't recomend a polarizer and maybe some nd grads highly enough! Keep shooting and keep posting it's the best way to improve.

Cheers for the advice alex. I've had a look at the effects of polarisers etc and see what you mean. More shopping required!

Soldato
This is one from a reservoir above Marsden. I don't often get home before sunset these days so I'm usually restricted to day-time shooting at the weekend (my gf books my evenings in advance!). After reading about mono landscape shooting in Digital Camera I decided it might be a fun way to use the extreme contrast to my advantage. I'm not sure how well it worked out though. I don't have any filters (bloody kit lens and its spinny front element) so this was shot exposed for the sky and then shadow detail brought back in RAW. I'd love some feedback on how to improve this (composition/processing/anything) because it feels like it lacks punch to me. I wasn't sure whether to dodge or burn the foreground rocks to differentiate them from the middleground.

IMG_8199BWborder.jpg

Soldato
In my opinion, the crazy angle really doesn't help here. It just makes it look like you're falling over :)

Clapham Common panorama. by Clwn, on Flickr

I disagree, I think it accentuates the lead-in lines of the bench and pavement. For me, it's the black sky that detracts. You have this great graphic lead-in, and then you get to the subject and look around and go "huh".

Like your shot btw :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
I used to live in one of those flats in the royal docks pics. You guys are way braver than I, taking expensive camera gear onto that bridge - the number of muggings in the docks, and in particular on that bridge is way, way high!

Back
Top Bottom