[PIC_THREAD] Wildlife, Animals, Birds, Zoo

Caporegime
I am clearly very outclassed in here! But I just bought a new zoom lens that I can do macro stuff with, so I tested it out in the garden on a bee, some blackcurrants, and the stonecrop. :)

TWbBZFc.jpg

fbbaEJB.jpg

rlqQlFa.jpg

Associate
I am clearly very outclassed in here! But I just bought a new zoom lens that I can do macro stuff with, so I tested it out in the garden on a bee, some blackcurrants, and the stonecrop. :)

TWbBZFc.jpg

fbbaEJB.jpg

rlqQlFa.jpg
Never compare your photos to others, take the photos you want to take, share the ones you like if no one else likes them don't worry about it - you liked them enough to think I'll share them.

I fell into a trap of sharing a few photos online and always wanted to get more and more likes but then had a photo that I loved and no one else did...this was good for me as it just stopped me thinking about things too much just do what I want to do.

I'm trying to get my head around macro at the moment, it's a bloomin hard subject!

Matt

Man of Honour
Got a 2x Teleconverter for my birthday while camping and there were a ton of Swifts feeding on the midges (damn things) - in flight I couldn't catch them but they also had their juveniles starting to fly and resting up in between.

un-cropped 600mm hand held (got to to love in lens + in camera stabilisation)

and a common chaffinch
IoHCiHAh.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Lovely pics, what setup are you using as that's super crisp :)

Sony a7iv with Sony 200-600 and TC I think for this shot.
Manual about 1/2000 and f9 ,iso usual set to auto at max 3200 my usual set up for birds/aircraft.
Very little post processing, tiny bit of de noise , that was it.

Was hazy as hell so wasn't expecting much from it tbh ,was pleased as punch.

Last edited:
Associate
Prinknash bird and deer park

If you guys are ever anywhere near Stroud or Cirencester, I heartily recommend a visit to this place. All the animals are very tame so you can get really REALLY close to them and feed them. Really lovely place to go especially with kids.

Posing Peacock by slinky19891, on Flickr

Peacock staring at me by slinky19891, on Flickr

Hen strutting her stuff by slinky19891, on Flickr

Silver Pheasant by slinky19891, on Flickr

Group of swangeese by slinky19891, on Flickr
Awesome chicken action shot

Back
Top Bottom