Picked up a LG OLED55B6V

Soldato
My Dad just got this TV, it's a great telly no doubt, though I can't see where the +£800 difference of my KS7000 has went. They both have a fantastic picture to my eyes.
There is 1 thing I'm envious of though...
The magic remote of the LG is a thing of beauty to use, a half hour with that and now my Samsung remote is proper clunky to use.
I don't suppose there is anything out there similar to the LG remote on the market?

Yeah the remote is really nice to use.

I for one feel that extra cash is well worth it, touch wood I have not encountered any issues like I was having on the KS7000, such as hdmi handshake problems, The TV reverting back to TV speakers when turned on, the HDR settings game mode annoyance.
And the menu system is much better on the LG, as well as the build quality.
But I agree the picture was decent on the KS as well.

Associate
Well for sure I did a lot of reading up before buying, knew about potential issues, but a month in and it's been a pleasure to use, no issues at all. My Dad's happy with his LG too, so its all good...
Would still swap my remote for an LG remote though:p

Soldato
I think I went with Limited RGB on my one as full made the black bits too black when I was playing Uncharted. The TV won't properly display black between 0-16 anyway.

Cheer's, I will try limited on both TV and Pro, It looks good on my standard PS4 like this, I was originally using FULL on it and it made everything look very dark (crushed blacks).

D3K

D3K

Soldato
I'll try downgrading the black level too. Was playing mordor and couldnt see a thing when underneath an archer's walkway

Soldato
I think its a good debate: limited no 0-16/full or low/high.
On xbox 1s there's a video calibration & can see the closed eye in full but with high the brightness has to be 40 & low it's 50. Don't know if HDR game mode is the same.
Whats the best setting?

Oh, xbox is set to 4k 12bit or could choose 10bit?

Soldato
AHRR, I have that flickering issue with ps4 pro and lg b6!

-I turned off HDMI UHD colour and it fixed it

-I turned it back on and went into ps4 video settings and changed resolution from AUTO to YUV42 2060P.

This fixed it but is that the best setting to use?

Soldato
Update

I switched my hdmi port from 1 to 4 on the rear of the B6 and so far I can use Automatic resolution without any flickering.

Out of curiosity all you who have a PS4 pro what resolution do you have it set at and what hdmi port on the LG B6 is your PRO connected on?

Thank's

Associate
Horses for courses. I miss my Samsung remote dearly. I miss pause and stop buttons, and I find the key menu buttons just out of reach from normal resting position. I also hate having to put the thing down so the motion sensor times out and the cursor disappears... I could be missing a trick there though.
Just press a direction button and exit

Soldato
Update

I switched my hdmi port from 1 to 4 on the rear of the B6 and so far I can use Automatic resolution without any flickering.

Out of curiosity all you who have a PS4 pro what resolution do you have it set at and what hdmi port on the LG B6 is your PRO connected on?

Thank's

I have everything set to Auto on Pro and it's connected to HDMI 4 on TV not noticed any flickering so far.....

Soldato
Just had a good look and no flickering on mine at all...

I'm using the HDMI that came with the Pro. Have you tried swapping cables ?

Tried both amazon basic 1m cable and ps4 pro cable both flickered, maybe I need to try and swap out my 2metre amazon cable that runs from the soundbar to TV.

Such a pain switching cables trying to find the problem though.

Whats weird is I get no issues with HDCP at 1.4 in safe mode and the option completely disabled in ps4 settings.

Not sure if you have heard of the problem, but it seems a like this PS4 PRO black screen flickering has been a big issue for many going by the large threads.

Will report back after I have tried a different cable and also switched to HDMI 4 on the TV.

Soldato
Have you tried connecting direct to the TV ?

Not heard of it but not having an issue I have not googled it or anything..

Using same 1 metre amazon basic cable direct to HDMI 1, I got no flicker with everything on automatic settings in video options and HDCP back to automatic via safe mode mode. SUCESSS

That took out the cable as the problem, I then tried back to how I was using it through the soundbar, got flicker!

I then switched out the amazon 2m cable from soundbar to TV and used an older high speed cable I had and switched to HDMI port 4 instead. SUCCESS.

Currently from what I have tested I have not got flicker on the XMB or on the Horizon Zero Dawn home menu screen while on HDR.

Not completely confident yet but its looking like it was the Amazon Basic 2 metre cable from soundbar to TV all along, not convinced its any fault on the TV ports.

On a different note with ps4 set to hdmi black level auto, what do you use for HDR and SD in game mode. do you use HIGH for SD and low for HDR?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom