Picked up a LG OLED55B6V

Associate
If he isn't a Sky customer at all (Inc broadband) then he will get a 2TB Sky Q box, Sky Q mini and basic package

The website then let's you order other packages such as Boxsets, Sports etc at half price.

I'm already a Sky Q customer - does anyone know whether my parents could use the free Sky Q offer to get it free for a year at their address but using my name??

Cheers

Caporegime
Should be able to.

I actually signed up for Sky Q in my girlfriend's name. Though I had never had Sky TV, I was considered an existing customer because I had Sky broadband!

Soldato
Went into John Lewis today to show this to the missus to convince her we "need" to upgrade, they were showing the Rugby in poor quality, she wasn't convinced then we had to go!

Caporegime
I've got one of these now 55 version. I'm thinking about some kind of keyboard touchpad thing.

Any recommendations or will most work?
Is it Bluetooth or network.
A link to something that works from ocuk would be good then I'll go look from my local supplier

Caporegime
Well its official.....

Well those that are waiting like me on the HDR game mode + LAG 28ms fix will be waiting forever...

its been over a month now american b6 tvs have the firmware but we UK variants are still waiting on the firmware.....

looks like well anyway by the looks of this post on avforums
https://www.avforums.com/attachments/screenshot_20170208-174948-png.822388/

someone posted LG`s reply to there question about the firmware...
and seems the reply is well its like there not even working on releasing it....

its ******** thats what it is..... well if we UKers dont get this update soon or the info im reading is false and we do get it then great, but if we dont then this will be the last LG tv i purchase.

i think the problem is down to the REALTEC chipset they use in the UK variants
compared to LG`s own made chipset they use in AMERICAN variants ...... its either inferior to there`s or they only update there own tech....

either way im ****ed off and so should you guys from the UK be as well.... its like we are getting different updates depending on geo location from LG instead of the same features and updates to all variants....

sorry to go on and on like a broken record but sheesh...

Good news

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnar...-long-suffering-european-gamers/#6fb428d967ed

Associate
My 55B6 has developed a 'cloudiness' in the bottom right section, visible only at certain levels of grey. Richer Sounds are swapping it out with a new one next week but it's still a bit concerning.

screen burn fixer on youtube could fix this we have had a few in work like this that has worked.

also regarding FW i may be able to pull off LG service site no promises though.

Caporegime
screen burn fixer on youtube could fix this we have had a few in work like this that has worked.

Good tip for when it's out of warranty in 6 years, but I've got absolutely no desire to fix an issue like this myself on a £2k TV.

Here's an image of the problem by the way:

uWvQStc.jpg

The TV has now gone back and been replaced for a brand one new by Richer Sounds. Good fast customer service by the way; first time I've used them for anything and I was pleased with how they handled it.

Caporegime
Thinking of grabbing the 65 inch version of this as there will probbaly be a price drop when the b7 comes out.

Do you think it worth taking the hit on price and getting the b7 kr is the b6 perfectly acceptable?

Caporegime
B6 it is ^_^

Any idea on the launch date of the 7 as im hoping rhat will knock the 6 down a bit

Jist seen second week of april thanks

Soldato
Good tip for when it's out of warranty in 6 years, but I've got absolutely no desire to fix an issue like this myself on a £2k TV.

Here's an image of the problem by the way:

The TV has now gone back and been replaced for a brand one new by Richer Sounds. Good fast customer service by the way; first time I've used them for anything and I was pleased with how they handled it.

That's good to know as I got my 65" B6 from RS. I've never had to deal with their customer services/returns, but that's very reassuring.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Down to £1699 at JL. Almost bit, but hoping it goes closer to £1500 before the refresh.

I may invest next week at this price though, that would guarantee a price match by JL if drops within the month.

Associate
Down to £1699 at JL. Almost bit, but hoping it goes closer to £1500 before the refresh.

I may invest next week at this price though, that would guarantee a price match by JL if drops within the month.

Can you seem to see the page to buy both the TV and SH7 soundbar? Can see the text that says "Get a free SH7 with this TV" but can't find how to buy them both together.

Cheers

Soldato
Caporegime
What settings are B6 owners going with? I've borrowed the AV Forums recommended settings and it looked great with the rugby and a film last night, but just wondered if people had had success with any particular recommended settings from anywhere else.

I know every set is slightly different and calibration is the best way etc., but I'm not getting it calibrated as not a videophile, so looking for the next best thing.

Back
Top Bottom