Picked up my new car this weekend........955hp V10 Audi RS6! (HP figure updated 08/10/22)

Soldato
OP
I can't even begin to imagine 920hp... and you daily drive this beast?!

Yeap, around 40-50 miles with as much full throttle as I can get away with :D

Regarding the power, because it's so stable under full throttle the car is actually very easy to drive (probably too easy) and, as the driver, your body gets used to the power extremely quickly.

The only time I start to feel thats a bit too quick is overtaking as it'll do 40-140mph in around 9 seconds so a "quick" overtake becomes "extremely bloody stupid" before you realise!

Soldato
OP
A quick update!

November

Bought a new (used) Christmas present. I swapped the OEM front spoiler (fitted in September) with a MTM Carbon Fibre one I got 2nd hand from a very good friend who I'd helped an awful lot when he had RS6 issues.

I'll edit this to add a picture later but it's a fairly minimal difference until you get up close and can see it sticks out about 1in further (you can *just* see it in the bottom pic below) and it's Autoclaved CF (dry bake not wet lay) which would explain the ridiculous price when new!

I also went to my first car meet in months at Boxhill in Surrey followed by a run down to the Goodwood Motor Circuit and had a genuinely epic time!

Next up is sorting the issues found during the service in September (DRC Leak and Knocking Suspension) plus I want to replace the battery as it's been fitted a while (5+ years) plus I want to get to the bottom of the burnt oil in the exhaust at first start-up. It's not coming from the turbo so I think my oil separator may be full of old oil (at 108k miles not uncommon). I'll be taking it back to Unit20 again for the work.

Tunnel run -

audi145.jpg

audi146.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Bugger! :(

As a "Happy Christmas" present my car has decided to do something catastrophic, involving the No1 Cylinder and a whole bunch of burnt oil! I'm in the process of stripping the intakes down and pulling the No1 plug out when my crappy luck continued.

Not only does my spark plug tool not fit, not only has the locking part of the coil-pack plug dropped somewhere into the engine bay (supposed to stay attached) but I've also somehow managed to drop a little spring from my pliers down the intake pipe past my blue-roll "blocker" (1 squillion to one shot!) and it's now sitting nicely infront of the turbo blades (hence the boroscope shot of the turbo), which should be fun getting out if it's not magnetic!

Once I get to Halfords for a new spark plug tool on boxing day I'll eventually take the plug out and boroscope the cylinder to see whats happening and see why the plug isn't firing properly. I did notice the Crankcase Vent pipe line from the oil separator to the turbo's is dripping with fresh oil when it should only have vapour residue, not good!

Anyway Happy Christmas Everyone :D

OcUK Staff
Could it not just be spark plug blow out buddy? Though doubtful is the cylinder 1 is filling with oil. Has this engine being known to have cylinder issue or cooling issues as I am guessing something failed (gasket) to start letting oil in there.

Hopefully its a low cost part and the only issue is you need to spend a few hours spannering to get her back upto health again. :)

Soldato
OP
Gibbo - I'm thinking worst case so piston and/or rings but really need to drop the plug and have a good look (boxing day). The engines are absolutely rock solid but mines done 108k miles with 10k+ at very high power with all that power being used 3-4 times every single day so "something" was always likely to happen. My cars "self adjusting" 10k mile service schedule (ECU decreases mileage depending on amount of full throttle) is saying I need another service after only 6k miles so that's a whole lot of booting it :D

HoneyBadger - Thanks for the offer, I'm borrowing my landlords "daily driver" while he goes to France so I'm covered. Once everything is sorted and I post back in here about it, remind me again and I'll sort you out a blast!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
wedrum - A stem seal would be much better for my bank balance but I try to always look at the worst case financially - that way I can only be happily surprised if it's anything easier/cheaper to fix! :D

sigma - BMW 330d estate. It's just a "normal" car so I don't know how I'll ever cope :D

Soldato
sigma - BMW 330d estate. It's just a "normal" car so I don't know how I'll ever cope :D

At least it's not something with 100bhp! I had visions of you going from 920bhp to an old diesel hatchback :D

Hope it's not too serious! As you say, it gets a pasting and at this power level something will inevitably go wrong... will it provide a good reason to upgrade a little more?

Back
Top Bottom