Pictures of My M3 (yay)

lol thats the great thing with this colour the reaction, it should be called Marmite Yellow not Pheonix yellow ;) gets people looking either way

The 16:9 satnav head unit is a possible but to be honest I didnt by the car for that and it is very functional as satnavs go.

You have to change the rear drive/brain as well as the head unit then plug in the tv modules etc which second hand come to about £1700!

I am looking to do the brakes as my next upgrade as they are a little tired (calipers corroded as they do on the e46 and the rear discs have seen beter days) and even when A1 not quite up to the rest of the car. Also due to the value of the car I don't begrudge spending the cash on it (Que the not worth doing brakes on road car brigaid ala my last thread about it ;))

A short shift kit (miss that from my e36) and some adjustable coilovers are the only real other things I am thinking of as the car is pretty spot on.

The Xeon lights are the nuts, I blind myself with their reflection on the back of other cars at the lights, I got flashed a few times by people thinking I had full beams on, a quick flash of my even brighter full beams let them know I didn't ;)

I have insurance and at then end of the day even if you garage it sods law dictates you are more likely to get it keyed at the shops/work than the guy who leaves it on the street over night.

Don't like the colour
Don't like the car
Don't like the engine
Don't like the owner.

(jealousy ++, I love it really)

Does it have the electric rear blind??? :)

Vanilla said:
Does it have the electric rear blind??? :)

no but plans are afoot

I have bought some folding parking mirrors off fleabay and getting a replacement switch to sort that and there is someone on there selling a bind (not put it on ebay yet) and the additional switch (well the whole bank of switches)

Then I am only missing the heatted seat and adjustable lumbar width on the seats.

Who doesnt get heated seats and why when elec memory seats are standard dont they make the heating standard :rolleyes: :p

Steve said:
The 16:9 satnav head unit is a possible but to be honest I didnt by the car for that and it is very functional as satnavs go.

You have to change the rear drive/brain as well as the head unit then plug in the tv modules etc which second hand come to about £1700!

My mate all the DVD computer and dash unit, the bluetooth module with the mic etc and all the looms and extras needed to fit it all for under £1k I believe. When I next talk to him ill get the exact price, Its well worth doing IMO as it finishes the car off and looks much better inside.

Vanilla said:
Damn you're spending a lot after the initial purchase then!

How mych do the electric folding mirrors cost?

£330

I believe they are £275 each from a stealer unpainted and no mirror which is another £70ish

I am hoping I can swap the internals as they look identical and I cant see BMW making two different moldings (well maybe), you cant upgrade because they dont sell the internals seperately but hopefully you can swap them as the fixd ones have the 90 degree pivot etc.

My rational is I didn't pay that much for the car and i I can get second hand bits to add a few options great but not too bothered as the car is abou performance, hence keeping he HK stereo rather than keep my dvd touch screen from the e36.

The HK stereo is pretty good to be honest

do you know if the whole wheels have been lathed and the re diamond cut od did they just repair the curbing and re laquer ?

I'm just being very careful as a lot of refurbs go wrong in a few months

Ideally I will have them done by pristine wheels but they want the best oart of 500 quid , I have bought a set of 18's to use while mine are away

anyway enough of that , glad you have it at last , looks great

have fun :)

Rotty said:
do you know if the whole wheels have been lathed and the re diamond cut od did they just repair the curbing and re laquer ?

I'm just being very careful as a lot of refurbs go wrong in a few months

Ideally I will have them done by pristine wheels but they want the best oart of 500 quid , I have bought a set of 18's to use while mine are away

anyway enough of that , glad you have it at last , looks great

have fun :)

They said they were totally stripped, painted the inside edge colour then machined.

Bung them an email if you want to be sure

We're getting close to enough people for an overclockers //M meet :) If you are thinking of adding bluetooth or the tv/navigation then I recommend bimmernav.com; the guy that runs it was very helpful in sorting the slight problem getting the BT working with the crappy TrafficMaster module.

Rotty said:
re satnav

did I miss something but I thought the delay was because of probs with it but you don't have it :confused:

lol I have

It is the buisness one the lcd screen is hidden by the steering wheel, just gives you pointy arrows and road names, it is actually very effective and uses the same discs. Not as impressive on the eye it has to be said.

It is also barand new, both the drive/brain and the headunit had died and was replaced, then 5 days worth of software updates had to be done.

Apparently they had to run the 2001 software then the 2002..... etc etc and each run takes between 2-8 hours. I checked with 3 other dealers to make sure they weren't pulling a fast one and all the dealers confirmed the same thing without prompting

Steve said:
lol I have

It is the buisness one the lcd screen is hidden by the steering wheel, just gives you pointy arrows and road names, it is actually very effective and uses the same discs. Not as impressive on the eye it has to be said.

It is also barand new, both the drive/brain and the headunit had died and was replaced, then 5 days worth of software updates had to be done.

Apparently they had to run the 2001 software then the 2002..... etc etc and each run takes between 2-8 hours. I checked with 3 other dealers to make sure they weren't pulling a fast one and all the dealers confirmed the same thing without prompting

AFAIK the business nav uses different discs to the full nav; or it certainly used to. I think it CAN use the full disc with the map images etc. on, but the 'standard' business nav disc doesn't contain the graphics etc so won't work with the full screen.

Back
Top Bottom