Pictures of My M3 (yay)

Love it, been looking at some on the trader. Hopefully I can get one soon as I have just got a new job :D

Mind you I will be moving to a slower car :p

I've seen pretty good looking examples for £20k, seems too cheap for me or have these really come down in price?

I would really like one but insurance is likely to be hell. My current car (gti) has 200ish bhp stock and its costing me £1600/year to insure. M3 would be like 4 times that!

They are that cheap but you do like with any car need to be carefull at the lower end of the market as some are cheap for a reason.

Stalled her today for the first time :( forgot to turn sport mode on so the throttle was pussy so where I normally hold the throttle at didn't give the same power. damn button!!

Right with regards to my brakes they are getting up to speed so to speak as the car was sitting for a few months before I bought it but they are still not perfect.

So the plan now is as follows.

New pads (probably pagid Blues)
Braided hoses and decent 5.1 fluid

Improved braking and not far off a BB kit for far less and more road suitable.

Milltek 100cell racing cats and rear box as the standard unit is quite restrictive and a bit tinny sounding

Remap for the above by Thorny Motorsport gives 25-28bhp plus improved power delivery

Then thats it (famous last words :D)

Steve said:
So the plan now is as follows.

New pads (probably pagid Blues)
Braided hoses and decent 5.1 fluid

Improved braking and not far off a BB kit for far less and more road suitable.

Milltek 100cell racing cats and rear box as the standard unit is quite restrictive and a bit tinny sounding

Remap for the above by Thorny Motorsport gives 25-28bhp plus improved power delivery

Then thats it (famous last words :D)

Put the prices next to them I dare you! :D

Steve said:
lol

New pads (probably pagid Blues) £148.27
Braided hoses £61.19
decent 5.1 fluid

Milltek 100cell racing cats £749
Cat Back £974

Remap £600ish

The exhast prices are really good about £400 off RRP and the cheapest I have found

thorney is well regarded on bm3w. i am trying to get mine booked in there for a remap & service before the ring trip. already have a miltek cat back, which was sorted there by the original owner.

TomO said:
thorney is well regarded on bm3w. i am trying to get mine booked in there for a remap & service before the ring trip. already have a miltek cat back, which was sorted there by the original owner.

He is well busy, says he can get me in on the 6th June!!!

Just going over everything to see if its financially justifiable at the mo.

I need to get a quote for just the remap as I have found the Miltek race cat and cat back exhaust for £400 less then he quoted ;)

Steve said:
He is well busy, says he can get me in on the 6th June!!!

Just going over everything to see if its financially justifiable at the mo.

I need to get a quote for just the remap as I have found the Miltek race cat and cat back exhaust for £400 less then he quoted ;)

arse, i called up a couple of days ago and left a message but havent heard back and i havent had time to call. i need to get mine booked in before then!

TomO said:
arse, i called up a couple of days ago and left a message but havent heard back and i havent had time to call. i need to get mine booked in before then!

He is very busy and took a day or so to get back to me, lovely man and happy to chat about what you want and bmws in general.

Think you will have a job getting in before *** 6th dude :(

He gives a discount if you are a BM3w member

Back
Top Bottom