*** Pictures of things we bought in March ***

300dyir.jpg

15oz52h.jpg

aufac9.jpg

Pretty happy

Also bought a car today. Off to pick it up in an hour or so will post pics later before spray shop :)

Do the cm 690's not have hardrive bays extending all the way down to the bottom of case?

excellent selection!

whats the far left one? it looks like another foals

or is it just the inside of TLF?

Far left is Dry The River - ignore the commentary it's naff.

To be honest overall I'm a little disappointed with the album. I've bought all of their 7inches and 10s so far and a lot of whats on the album was also released as a single.

They had a lot of early promising tracks that were belters but the album as a whole whilst being good, didn't blow me away as I had hoped. They were great live though. 'No Rest' is possibly my favourite.

The triangular ones are Alt-J (∆) if you are on a Mac that'll show as a triangle. Hipster name but their music is good, have their two releases so far and the albums out this year on Infectious, same label as Temper Trap, Local Natives & These New Puritans.

Fitzpleasure is quite different to their other stuff, on that Soundcloud link there are four early demos too which have been released. There should be some bits on Spotify.

Sorry for the long post :p - I'll post up some other recent pick ups tomorrow, these were just at hand and I couldn't be bothered to shuffle through the shelf!

Oh and TLF doesn't have an 'inside' as such, not a gatefold. I'll take some more snaps of the DtR ones tomorrow as they have nice artwork.

Last edited:

Do want! Only worry I would have is how hard wearing the fabric is. that was one good thing about the Aerons, the mesh was very hard wearing and meant that second hand ones were a good buy and that you could get a good price when selling.

Far left is Dry The River - ignore the commentary it's naff.

To be honest overall I'm a little disappointed with the album. I've bought all of their 7inches and 10s so far and a lot of whats on the album was also released as a single.

They had a lot of early promising tracks that were belters but the album as a whole whilst being good, didn't blow me away as I had hoped. They were great live though. 'No Rest' is possibly my favourite.

The triangular ones are Alt-J (∆) if you are on a Mac that'll show as a triangle. Hipster name but their music is good, have their two releases so far and the albums out this year on Infectious, same label as Temper Trap, Local Natives & These New Puritans.

Fitzpleasure is quite different to their other stuff, on that Soundcloud link there are four early demos too which have been released. There should be some bits on Spotify.

Sorry for the long post :p - I'll post up some other recent pick ups tomorrow, these were just at hand and I couldn't be bothered to shuffle through the shelf!

Oh and TLF doesn't have an 'inside' as such, not a gatefold. I'll take some more snaps of the DtR ones tomorrow as they have nice artwork.

sounds like elbow. ew.

(no offence)

Yeah alt-j's releases are pretty nice but im a huge TNP fan so whatevs if its hipster.

Do the cm 690's not have hardrive bays extending all the way down to the bottom of case?

The CM690-II Pro edition does have all the extending hard drive bays going down to the bottom, as well as the CM690-II Lite version too which I have as part of my main rig but on the Pro version they are removable where as I think they are not removable on the Lite version (I'm sure I was unable to remove them if I remember rightly)

Liam

6985319645_e9a37dab31_b.jpg

It's a 16Gb model and a good purchase so far, I'm pleased with it. I mostly bought it for the gym, since my old 4th gen Ipod is rather clunky for that type of use, besides it means I can just leave the classic in the car and use this one for everything else.

What ever you do, dont leave it unprotected when at the gym, mine died from sweat.
Funny enough I forgot the cover for it that day :(

I'm just going to say it - no office chair is worth £1000+, regardless of how comfy and bad looking it is. That's more than your average electrically adjusted, heated car seat costs. As my mum used to say - "the best master upholsters will make you custom one to size, from the best materials, for less".

Plus as slightly overweight person fighting with fleet of "medium" and "large" size Aerons at work every day I don't think Millers are worth anywhere near their asking price, they really don't age well.

He loves the chair so much he posted it twice :p
Didn't mean to

Do want! Only worry I would have is how hard wearing the fabric is. that was one good thing about the Aerons, the mesh was very hard wearing and meant that second hand ones were a good buy and that you could get a good price when selling.
The chair is structurally guaranteed for 12 years (24 hour use) and the fabric guaranteed for either 5 or 7 years (24 hour use), can't remember which. The fabric on this chair is much nicer than the Aeron. If I had full customisation control (which would have given a build time of 8 weeks!) I'd have gone for the fabric upgrade, which is thinner and more mesh-like, but as resilient.

I'm just going to say it - no office chair is worth £1000+, regardless of how comfy and bad looking it is. That's more than your average electrically adjusted, heated car seat costs.
I researched this a lot. The most ergonomic chairs constant use chairs are consistently in the region of £600-700. This was £960, and is considered to be the best and most ergonomic chair you can buy (along with the Herman Miller premium). That said, there are plenty more even more expensive ergonomic office chairs than this (with even more focus on aesthetics). Given I can spend 12-14 hours straight working without many breaks, what price spine (I'm 24 and I can already feel back problems creeping in).

Plus as slightly overweight person fighting with fleet of "medium" and "large" size Aerons at work every day I don't think Millers are worth anywhere near their asking price, they really don't age well.
Interesting - that's contrary to their warranty and the condition of years old second hand chairs.

I was torn between a second hand Aeron and this. The Aeron has some bad design traits which were fixed by the Embody - a much thinner back to allow more movement, a 'constant touch' back which takes pressure from every point of your back. It also had a better adjustable seat, which doesn't dig into the back of your knees. Adopting the reclining position at a desk is much more comfortable with the Embody too (whereas the Aeron without that 'PostureFit' lumber support wasn't for people with curved backs).

Back
Top Bottom