Piers Morgan with a brilliant quote on the rise and fall of equality

Caporegime
Apparently there has been another storm in recent days over transgender athletes (who developed as males) competing in womens sports and I thought this quote he made towards the end summed up a lot of other areas these days where discrimination has been turned on its its head resulting in inequality again, for example racism campaigners have gone from wanting to be treated equally to now having 'positive discrimination' which discriminates against everyone else, a complete reversal of how discrimination occurs.

Anyway here is the quote that triggered this post:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...womens-sportand-outrageous-bully-Martina.html

The irony of this debate is that the transgender community has rightly fought for years to win equality and fairness.

Yet now they are fighting equally ferociously for the right to have an unfair and unequal advantage over women in sport who were born biological females.

Why don't people fight for true equality these days? everyone just wants special treatment for their own 'group', why not group ourselves as British and fight for each other, rather than against one another? or is that considered far right because it recognises that the biggest and most unifying group of all is our national identity?

Soldato
surely the biggest group identifier is that we are all human?

that said, piers morgan is one of the biggest ****stains to ever walk the planet, however his quote is surprisingly accurate.
It's a pretty sad state of affairs when you decide that he is one of the biggest stains to ever walk the planet when all he's done is say words you don't like.

Caporegime
The "equality" bar is always going to be raised higher and higher especially when some people make a career out of fighting for it

Associate
It's a pretty sad state of affairs when you decide that he is one of the biggest stains to ever walk the planet when all he's done is say words you don't like.
Perhaps, but he definitely needs a good slap (or 50).

That said, I agree with him on this one. The idea that you can change gender and would then be allowed to compete in a sporting event that was originally split specifically due to biological differences is beyond mind boggling.

Lets just say it's allowed, given the competitive nature of human beings, how many "natural" women would there be after a couple of 4 year Olympic cycles? Complete conjecture, but I would guess we end up with no more female athletics in many events.

Caporegime
Perhaps, but he definitely needs a good slap (or 50).

That said, I agree with him on this one. The idea that you can change gender and would then be allowed to compete in a sporting event that was originally split specifically due to biological differences is beyond mind boggling.

Lets just say it's allowed, given the competitive nature of human beings, how many "natural" women would there be after a couple of 4 year Olympic cycles? Complete conjecture, but I would guess we end up with no more female athletics in many events.

You should only be allowed to compete in sports as whatever you were born as. or have your own seperate event. like a trans olympics.

Soldato
I'd be more outraged if anyone gave a **** about women's sports but I agree trans women competing against biological women is laughable.

Soldato
No-one has the guts to say the truth any more. All transgendered people, both male-female and female to male, should, if they want to compete in any athletics/sport, compete as men with men. Either that or set up their own championships and let them both, the male-female and female-male, compete separately among themselves to be totally fair.

Having male-female compete as female is NOT fair on the females especially when there are things like scolarships involved, some of these people are doing it just to 'gain' the system.

The world has gone to crap.

Associate
If anyone argues this should be allowed, I guess you could make the point, "why don't we just put everyone together then and forget about these gender differences"

When they say no, ask why.

Argument over. There is no answer to that which isn't cyclical logic.

Soldato
I feel so sorry for the women who train and work as hard as they can to compete in their sports and some guy with a mental illness comes along and decides to play with them. It's pure insanity.

I mean, everyone feels bad inside when you compete or fight against someone who is physically or less skilled than you are don't you, you just feel bad.

How can these guys not feel the shame?

Soldato
nothing really sad about it. he's a thoroughly horrible and obnoxious human being who seems to have re-invented himself as an even more obnoxious version of himself. words are only words (sticks and stones all that) but one needs to accept responsibility for the words one uses. and mr morgans words are usually odious, tiresome and often borderline hate inducing - which makes him odious, tiresome and borderline hateful. but credit where credit is due he's bang on with this quote (broken clock springs to mind)

Soldato
nothing really sad about it. he's a thoroughly horrible and obnoxious human being who seems to have re-invented himself as an even more obnoxious version of himself. words are only words (sticks and stones all that) but one needs to accept responsibility for the words one uses. and mr morgans words are usually odious, tiresome and often borderline hate inducing - which makes him odious, tiresome and borderline hateful. but credit where credit is due he's bang on with this quote (broken clock springs to mind)

Hate inducing? Citation please. I used to despise the man, and it was really bad that phone's were hacked while he was the editor, but he mostly speaks the unpopular truth. The people who disagree with him tend to be irrational, weak, and ideologically driven morons.

Soldato
Citation please.
he may well not induce hate in you but you'll find many irrational, weak and ideologically driven morons feel the same. strangely a lot of perfectly normal people seem to hate him too, can't for the life of figure out why specifically. nice try though.

personally I dislike him due to the fact that he's a proven liar, that usually does it for me with people. given his history he has no business 'preaching' to anyone or passing judgement on anyone. but with your higher state of consciousness, rationality and strength I imagine you can see past that, brush it under the carpet and look up to him, applauding, as his next diatribe pours forth.

Soldato
As much as i hate to say it Piers is right in this instance. You can't have trans female athletes competing against those born female. It simply isn't fair.

For the record Piers Morgan is still an utter *#@*# though

Last edited:
Soldato
Am sure there was a recent example of this in an American college. A guy decided he was a woman and then ran in the woman's race and won easily. Not a single person in the losing field complained, presumably from fear of upsetting the equality groups. It's ****ing ridiculous that this can happen.

Soldato
he may well not induce hate in you but you'll find many irrational, weak and ideologically driven morons feel the same. strangely a lot of perfectly normal people seem to hate him too, can't for the life of figure out why specifically. nice try though.

personally I dislike him due to the fact that he's a proven liar, that usually does it for me with people. given his history he has no business 'preaching' to anyone or passing judgement on anyone. but with your higher state of consciousness, rationality and strength I imagine you can see past that, brush it under the carpet and look up to him, applauding, as his next diatribe pours forth.

I don't like him or dislike him, he's just a man on TV. I don't presume to know him based on some things I've heard about him or the personality he chooses to depict on TV. I just know that I agree with a lot of things he says without bias for or against his personality.

Back
Top Bottom