**** The Official Google Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL Thread ****

Soldato
Couple more random reboots today (one when it was in my pocket doing nothing).

So I'm tempted to try 8.1 developer preview even though the full release is due soon.

I take it if I do try the developer preview then my phone will update again to the full release when it's made available?

Soldato
Has anyone else seen bad colour balance on the selfie cam, perhaps specifically in Portrait mode?

The two red T-shirts are the same T-shirt, look how different they look?

0ooNuwxh.png.jpg

It might just be a lighting thing. Is that normal? The second (very low light) makes it look almost purple!

Associate
Couple more random reboots today (one when it was in my pocket doing nothing).

So I'm tempted to try 8.1 developer preview even though the full release is due soon.

I take it if I do try the developer preview then my phone will update again to the full release when it's made available?

I wouldn't bother doing that to try and fix your problem. If you do a factory reset, and it still does it, then the phone is faulty, and you are just complicating matters for yourself. I have been there and done that.

From what I've heard, the beta will screw up your OTA updates too.

Soldato
Just received my XL2. First thing I've done is gone to put a screen protector on it, as I'm crazy about scratches on a screen, and there are quite a few micro scratches all over the screen. Same issue I had with replacement iPhones recently.

Anyone else have a similar issue?

Just rang Google and they're quoting 3 weeks to return the device.

Associate
@MrRockliffe just curious which protector you've used?

Considering using one on my Pixel 2, but as I've never used them in the past I'm not sure which are best etc. Any recommendations would be welcomed.

I presume they're relatively easy to apply?

Soldato
@MrRockliffe just curious which protector you've used?

Considering using one on my Pixel 2, but as I've never used them in the past I'm not sure which are best etc. Any recommendations would be welcomed.

I presume they're relatively easy to apply?

I haven't got round to putting it on yet, as there's little point so I can't give a recommendation unfortunately

ok i've opened the box and now setting up my pixel 2. the blue is quite shocking to view from the side. nothing too bad, i get why they designed like this and look forward to the improvement with sun glasses, however as someone that watches programmes on my phone before bed, and the phone is often perched against my bed cover in awkward angles, i suspect the blue may be slightly noticeable.

whats the view on cases? i'm most concerned by the choices this time than i've ever been before due to the stupid well that's created by the curved screen

Permabanned
OP
ok i've opened the box and now setting up my pixel 2. the blue is quite shocking to view from the side. nothing too bad, i get why they designed like this and look forward to the improvement with sun glasses, however as someone that watches programmes on my phone before bed, and the phone is often perched against my bed cover in awkward angles, i suspect the blue may be slightly noticeable.

whats the view on cases? i'm most concerned by the choices this time than i've ever been before due to the stupid well that's created by the curved screen

In view of your concern about the "well", why not try a Live Case made by Google. I have mine and it makes my phone so very personal with a photo I chose to display on the case. I chose the single thickness and it is perfect.

https://store.google.com/category/customizable_live_case

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Took some photos of the Spigen Thin Fit on my P2 for anyone interested.

spigen_2017-1.jpg

spigen_2017-2.jpg
spigen_2017-3.jpg
spigen_2017-4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom