**** The Official Google Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL Thread ****

Soldato
For anyone interested in my first impressions of the newly arrived Pixel Buds, I posted my comment just now to the Pixel Bud headphone comment section in the same Mobile Phone section you are currently in.

First impressions: very positive. The sound quality is excellent. The fit in the ear is really snug. The Google Assistant feature works really well with Bluetooth. The set up and Pairing process was a breeze. The Google Translate feature with the language translated returning back through the Pixel Buds is amazing. The notifications work well, which you can switch on and off if you want to skip them. The touch control features are intuitive.

Happy to answer any questions. I see them as an excellent £ 159 stocking-stuffer and plan to get a Black Pixel Bud for a family member.

Seems the opposite of every review I've read. Feel free to put them in my stocking though. I can't see many splashing out £159 for those ear buds.

Permabanned
OP
Seems the opposite of every review I've read. Feel free to put them in my stocking though. I can't see many splashing out £159 for those ear buds.

"I can't see many splashing out £159 for those ear buds."

You mean the ones that are now "Out of Stock" on the Google Play Store? Like hens-teeth at the moment.

So I plan to put a pair of virtual Clearly White Pixel Buds in your stocking. Be sure to look for them next to the AR Sticker.

;);)

Soldato
Yeah yeah out of stock because they haven't made many! Just like the Pixel XL was out of stock for the whole of last year but it's hardly the most popular phone on the market is it now?

Also £159 stocking fillers, yes please :D

Associate
My battery is the same on 8.1. One thing I have noticed is that occasionally the screen takes a few seconds to wake up. This didn't happen in 8.0. Anyone else notice this. It just happens now and again.

Soldato
I upgraded my SIM only plan on EE (Massive thanks to Jimlad for the code) and it has activated WiFi calling on my Google bought Pixel 2 which I wasn't expected. Normally that feature is reserved for EE bought handsets only.

Soldato
One thing I have noticed is a slight buzzing/rapid clicking sound coming from the ear piece when on a call. It seems to be more apparent when it is on a WiFi call though.

Soldato
Tempted to go 2 XL now... free Mini still as well. Returned my original Pixel 2 because of random boot loops but I did love the camera and the bare Android experience.

Back
Top Bottom