Pizza hut

Soldato
What has happened to this chain? When i was a kid i had many birthday partys in there and loved the ice cream machine.

Nowadays most of the restaurents in ly are have now closed and we just have one delivery shop for them. Pizza going out of fashion or has dominos killed them off?

Permabanned
What has happened to this chain? When i was a kid i had many birthday partys in there and loved the ice cream machine.

Nowadays most of the restaurents in ly are have now closed and we just have one delivery shop for them. Pizza going out of fashion or has dominos killed them off?

I think it's just Pizza restaurants in general. Either that or they're just not quite upmarket enough I suppose, certainly not for what you pay when you consider what you could get for the same price.

Caporegime

I was a bit shocked when the Bexleyheath one shut down. That had been there for absolute donkeys years.

Fact is their pizzas are **** now, and too expensive.

Soldato
Never eaten in a Pizza Hut restaurant and only ever eaten one Pizza Hut pizza and that was when I was working away and it was opposite the hotel I was staying. I much prefer regular take away pizzas tbh.

Caporegime
Don't mind Pizza Hut every now and then.

I'd like to know how Papa John's is even a thing though, the few times I've had it their cheese, sauce and dough is absolutely disgusting :(
PJ’s is my favourite. They just taste fresher than others.

Fact is though, I very rarely get takeaway pizza now. It’s the biggest ripoff takeaway food there is. The markups are extortionate. Up to 900% in places. Supermarket fresh pizza is my go to now. It’s much better now than the old days of frozen stuff from Goodfellas. A good Asda’s pizza counter does the job for me. Fresh ingredients, whatever I like and all for a couple of quid.

Soldato
Not been to pizzahut in about 15 years, I didn't like the food I'm surprised they are still running.

Soldato
Haven't visited one in over a decade. It's probably due to every other place selling pizzas with burgers, kebabs etc. Easier to eat out in a group with greater choice.

Associate
I went on a business trip to India a few years back.

The local team wanted to take me to the brand new US restaurant round the corner... it was Pizza Hut. When I said "I have those at home, I want to try something different!" they took me to Papa Johns instead. I died a little inside at globalisation.

Oh and my first date was in a Pizza Hut when I was 14. I'm now 45.

Soldato
We went to pizza hut a couple of weeks ago for the first time in about 5 years. The quality of the pizzas are rubbish. I forgot how bad the bases are, they remind me of the frozen deep pan goodfellas that I used to have as a child.

The fresh supermarket pizzas are far superior nowadays. In fact, we had a harissa chicken pizza from Aldi last that was considerably better and 1/3 of the price.

Soldato
They became over priced compared to their competitors.

I had to get a refund from them a few weeks ago as I ordered a regular pizza to collect instore, I was handed a small pizza. Even the box had an S on it. When I questioned the size, they said regular is their new small as they no longer do small pizza's anymore. Strange that wasn't reflected in the price. £12 for a small pizza!?!?! Robbing B's!

Soldato
Went there a few weeks ago with 3 adults and a baby - even with meerkat 241 ended up costing us almost £50? Stupidly expensive for what it is - but the ice cream machine and cookie dough are lush!

Back
Top Bottom