Poll: Platinum Jubilee

Do you intend to celebrate The Queen's Platinum Jubilee?

• Yes

Votes: 94 20.4%
  • No

Votes: 296 64.2%
  • Pizza Express

Votes: 71 15.4%

• Total voters
Soldato
Could have connected with zoom to Windsor.
Ross was celebrating a past era so, age, excused - song choice reference to metoo; continued absence of reference to Ukraine, or those lost in covid (practically biggest incidents in her rein)

How many drones was that - a record - must have done well if the wind speed is like here.

Soldato
Ross was celebrating a past era so, age, excused - song choice reference to metoo; continued absence of reference to Ukraine, or those lost in covid (practically biggest incidents in her rein)

How many drones was that - a record - must have done well if the wind speed is like here.
It is not a political event, it's a celebration of her 70 years on the throne. Why should Covid or Ukraine be even mentioned? No others were, except possibly climate change. You are talking about the last two years, much else has happened.

I expect that she was not sitting up watching television so would not wish to be on Zoom.

Soldato
If I were to repeat it, I'd have to delete my own post. It wasn't especially family friendly ;)

They did that twenty years ago, didn't they? Wouldn't have seemed right to do the same thing again.
Ah fair. I posted a couple of things in a short space and forgot what you deleted but now it comes back to me. Genuinely surprised that was over the mark given some of the language but I respectfully concede nonetheless

Associate
It is not a political event, it's a celebration of her 70 years on the throne. Why should Covid or Ukraine be even mentioned? No others were, except possibly climate change. You are talking about the last two years, much else has happened.

I expect that she was not sitting up watching television so would not wish to be on Zoom.

Lee Mack did get a partygate jab in at the beginning (which made me laugh)

Soldato
Lee Mack did get a partygate jab in at the beginning (which made me laugh)
Agreed, as did I albeit ruefully. However life goes on and this week we were presented by a couple of rather shabby individuals living out their troubles and strife live on TV for the delectation of the masses. As if we really needed their grief.
A bit of a do in the park and some flag waving is much more amenable and people had fun.

Soldato

It was nothing to do with Ukraine or Covid though, so why would they be mentioned. As important as they both are, not sure either of them are the biggest incidents over the past 70 years. There have been *many*, which is really the point - not the topics of the day.

Back
Top Bottom