PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS - Thread

Soldato
Squad chicken dinner earlier - amazingly 4 v 1 at the end which was nice and easy!

However my solo's today - 10th, 7th, 4th, 4th, 6th........Still not got that win......GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Soldato
First one, albeit in very lucky circumstances. I decided to get myself in to the circle and pretty much ignore everything else as the circle was so small. He must have seen me, took 2 shots at me while I figured out where he was and then took him down with an SMG.

qpzY8Woh.png.jpg

Associate
I downloaded this on Saturday night. Tis quite hard but will persist as its quite enjoyable, though very frustrating at times.

Best finish so far is 14th but only managed 3 kills.

Do spend a lot of time running to the circles though. I never manage to jump near where the circle forms.

Soldato
Do spend a lot of time running to the circles though. I never manage to jump near where the circle forms.

Not many people do though. Yesterday the final circle was in the middle of nowhere and it looked like a car park around the few huts that were there. Ive spoilered (its a bit of a wall of text) some thoughts on tactics from my limited experience which might shortcut some learning for you, but in all honesty just playing will have you feasting on a dinner in no time.

It helps for me to think of the game as phases, each dictated by the circles. First phase is gear collection / survival when you'll be getting as much kit as possible and surviving the first cull. Choices here are to play full on deathmatch by jumping somewhere popular in the flight path and just have a blast (survival chances slim because its random whether someone lands behind you/gets to the shotgun before you, and in this phase shotgun is king) or gamble on a long range jump and find a vehicle driving far out of the flight path to have some quiet looting time. You need to know where to go - generally built up areas and look for tall buildings - park your car out of the way then run through them like hell, closing the internal doors and the ground floor doors you open (anyone arriving will think no one is inside and barge in giving you a chance to hear them arriving and avoid the nasty surprise). Keep an ear out for approaching vehicles and keep in mind that with every second more players are arriving in the area.

Second phase is your running to the second and third circles. You could just drive straight to the centerpoint and camp... but be warned. This may sound like the easy option but its fifty fifty whether youll be driving straight into the sights of someone already camping. What i love about this game are all the little dramas that play out before the final whistle, and the battle for the center ground happens very early and consistently at each contraction, usually amongst experienced players who are very well armed - who basically feel there isnt any point playing the edges game and just set up with their sniper rifles and 8x scopes. This truly is a whole game in itself especially in the cities close to the center. Even then, you wont know which way the circle is moving so you'll have to keep fighting these battles at every shrink, except of course you also have the edge players arriving so youre trapped in a sandwich of campers and armed to the teeth players running in.

If you do play the edges then your primary purpose is to rack up kills. Hunt for good loot (AR/Sniper and 4x scopes - the SCAR with all the attachments is most popular currently) and stay out of buildings. Set up camp (on top of buildings with a ledge and lie down, dont squat - your head is visible at range) at every contraction edge and wait until the circle has closed completely, have one more scan for people running in from the blue which is quite feasible in the first two contractions, then start running for the next circle. Situational Awareness is your best mate, bind the freelook key to your mouse thumb and be constantly scanning in all directions when you're running or stopped. Dont take the hopeless shots from miles away unless you are absolutely certain of hitting or you have a silencer. In fact, dont give away your position unless you are certain of a kill or a situation is emerging that leaves you no choice. Never give up the high ground, but never be on a peak - you can be seen for miles. When you shoot aim low and aim for the head with scopes directly ni the center. Forget the increments, by the time you start getting good at sniping youll have figured those out.

The final circle is pure chance. I play the edge and only run at the very last second, but if youre running into someones sights thats pretty much with the Gods. One thing i do like is wheat fields. Lie down in those and you are pretty much invisible.

Always remember the third person peak! It works for you as much as against you, but if you try to close on somebody who has the advantage, for instance they are behind a wall and you have to cross an open space to get to them, you are dead meat as they can choose when to pop out and shoot you as you're running. If you get caught in a shoot out - look, heal, retreat and flank.

Anyway, thats it, have fun!

Soldato
I downloaded this on Saturday night. Tis quite hard but will persist as its quite enjoyable, though very frustrating at times.

Best finish so far is 14th but only managed 3 kills.

Got this on Sunday and agreed, it's quite hard. Managed a #10 finish with 0 kills on the last game though.

Soldato
Got my first Solo dinner last night, to go with my Duo one. Nearly had a squad win yesterday as well but my mate did the ole "pull the grenade out then change your mind and switch weapon only to find it still goes off in your pocket" trick when he was 1v1 at the end :D

Associate
Hmm. That's interesting, I didn't realise that was happening before (like many people I'm sure).

Although I sort of like the idea you can't whip your scope around and have pinpoint accuracy. It would reward things like keeping a cool head and positioning rather than 'raw twitch' abilities.

Man of Honour
Stop making mistakes then?! Ha, if only!!
Sorry, that was somewhat tongue in cheek - but the main reason for me dying is something I could've avoided - if I'd been more cautious - checked corners/surroundings properly/at all etc.

Interesting video though posted by Thegoon... I did wonder - but it didn't show blood splatters, and I wish it did. I've been getting loads of "headshots" according to my screen, like three on one person without a helmet and they didn't die.

Will be cool to see what effect the new patch has on that kinda thing.

Back
Top Bottom