PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS - Thread

Soldato
They need to put in a fully manually spot function like they have in rainbow six, so you can quickly show people in your squad where you saw someone.
No they most certainly don't! This game is as far away from R6 as it's possible to be. No gimmicks or gadgets or drones or manual spot function. Call out positions to your team mates, that's enough for me. ;)

Permabanned
No they most certainly don't! This game is as far away from R6 as it's possible to be. No gimmicks or gadgets or drones or manual spot function. Call out positions to your team mates, that's enough for me. ;)

It may well be enough for you, its not for me. You can do it countless arma mods and its very handy, so it's not some feature reserved for casual games or whatever.

Also the number 1 tactic in this game is gimmicky abuse of third person cameras... I doubt an ability to manually place a marker quickly (rather than via the map which u can already do) is going to suddenly change the experience massively.

Soldato
It kinda would instead of having to call out a direction on a player(and the inevitable "I can't see them" "what that tree?") you'd have the entire squad able to line up almost instantly on a location. It would be rather OP.

I enjoyed rainbow but it's a very different game.

I imagine it'll get modded in eventually though.

Soldato
It may well be enough for you, its not for me. You can do it countless arma mods and its very handy, so it's not some feature reserved for casual games or whatever.

Also the number 1 tactic in this game is gimmicky abuse of third person cameras... I doubt an ability to manually place a marker quickly (rather than via the map which u can already do) is going to suddenly change the experience massively.

that may be the case but there's absolutely no need for it in a game like this. so you want to be able to spot a player then 'tag' him so his location is known to your team mates? I haven't played the mods so can't comment on them but in other games I've played where you can do that I always thought it to be a 'cheap' tactic. check you compass and give a bearing/direction, much better for the immersion and pressure that the game is trying to generate.

Soldato
tell you what I defo don't like about the patch. the last couple shrinks, don't mind them being slow but they now don't take anywhere near as much health of when in the blue. just feeds into 'johnny no skill' who has no interest in winning and just wants to shoot from the blue into the safe zone. just had a game where I knew there was a guy behind me, shrink stopped right on me with a small hill at my back so I waited....and waited.....and waited. thought he must have bailed off at a tangent so stepped forward and as soon as he heard me he rushed out over the hill all guns blazing. he must have been sat in there a good minute......need to get that patched back out. at that stage the blue zone needs to be deadly. and they need to disable peoples guns when they are more than 'x' metres back inside the blue zone.

Soldato
Personally I think the wall should just be heavily obscured both into and out of the zones so neither have advantage. I have died to many a circle but it's mostly my fault not moving in time/engaging someone and they turn out harder to kill than I'd hoped :D.

Soldato
Personally I think the wall should just be heavily obscured both into and out of the zones so neither have advantage. I have died to many a circle but it's mostly my fault not moving in time/engaging someone and they turn out harder to kill than I'd hoped :D.
ah never thought of that. more obscured wall, so contact can only really happen when both parties are, say, within a couple of metres of it on either side. I like!

Associate
Had a great match earlier, at the shipping containers, after the rest of my squad died and they were calling me "useless" they watched me wipe out a full squad with the double barrel shotty! :D

First game after the new patch!

wnb

wnb

Soldato
Came second, another match in the corn fields by Pochinki:( We all ran out of nades and were firing blindly into the grass.

Soldato
Urgh died behind someone again, I hope they get onto sorting out the close quarters stuff. I suppose when we can play on uk servers that will be better, although I think there's some kind of lag compensation at play.

Final circles are a mess now, had a weird game last night where the circles kept on contracting so the blue wall was washing over you, disappearing over the horizon, coming back... Didn't do anything but caused panic from where I was sitting.

Otherwise the patch is meh, motorbike is fun, AWM is firing blanks now?

Soldato
Urgh died behind someone again, I hope they get onto sorting out the close quarters stuff. I suppose when we can play on uk servers that will be better, although I think there's some kind of lag compensation at play.

Final circles are a mess now, had a weird game last night where the circles kept on contracting so the blue wall was washing over you, disappearing over the horizon, coming back... Didn't do anything but caused panic from where I was sitting.

Otherwise the patch is meh, motorbike is fun, AWM is firing blanks now?
Yea noticed the blue wall bug. Wasn't overly concerned though as the damage taken inside the blue seems to have been massively reduced - which is not a good thing!!

Associate
Another good session last night! I'm beginning to get to grips with the game again, and actually got a decent amount of kills overall. Kudos to booyaka for one hell of a last round!

Soldato
sweet - i'll be on till silly o'clock too, might hit you up to see if you're free. I do daddy daycare on Saturdays as the wife works but our little lady likes to sleep in on Saturdays - daddy has trained her well! :D

Have you got me on steam? If my clanmates are online, i'll be on our teamspeak but sometimes we lose a player so would have a squad space.

Back
Top Bottom