PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS - Thread

Soldato
You need the steam app and 2FA on you phone AFAIK, when you go to sell on the marketplace it then pops up on your phone to confirm it.

Again AFAIK it takes 7 days to authorise that too, after then you can just flog whatever you want rather than paying to open crates. Better to get the £2 into your steam account than having useless cosmetic items tbh

I have the app on my phone, logged in, but when I try and list a crate it says it wont be listed for 15 days as I've not used the authentication for 7 days. Well ask me to use to use it then surely?! When you click learn more, it basically says install the app. I have!?

Associate
I have the app on my phone, logged in, but when I try and list a crate it says it wont be listed for 15 days as I've not used the authentication for 7 days. Well ask me to use to use it then surely?! When you click learn more, it basically says install the app. I have!?

First time use you have to wait the 15 days unfortunately

Associate
Was on a roll last night (by my standards at least) in squads. Won a game, nabbing 6 kills myself. Then finished 2nd on next game immediately after, with 12 kills. Highlight being me running from the circle directly towards 2 guys, lobbing a nade for the double kill and running past their bodies. Immediately followed by a triple kill on the guys that just wiped my squad in front of me. Then a final double kill before a 3v1 at the end got me :(.

Most of the time I'm lucky to get a few kills so was pleased with myself :).

Associate
I’ve been out of PC Gaming for some years now (been on PS4) but hoping to order new PC this week and get back to some Mouse + Keyboard FPS’ing. I have seen a few vids now of PUBG and it looks like my cup of tea. Am I right that the main game is third person but there is a first person mode? I assume there are plenty of first person servers by now?

Also when you die I guess you just move onto the next game i.e. don’t end up watching the current game (unless I really wanted to)?

Associate
Was on a roll last night (by my standards at least) in squads. Won a game, nabbing 6 kills myself. Then finished 2nd on next game immediately after, with 12 kills. Highlight being me running from the circle directly towards 2 guys, lobbing a nade for the double kill and running past their bodies. Immediately followed by a triple kill on the guys that just wiped my squad in front of me. Then a final double kill before a 3v1 at the end got me :(.

Most of the time I'm lucky to get a few kills so was pleased with myself :).

In squad play is 1st meaning the last squad standing or the best player in that winning squad (most kills, points or whatever)?

Soldato
I’ve been out of PC Gaming for some years now (been on PS4) but hoping to order new PC this week and get back to some Mouse + Keyboard FPS’ing. I have seen a few vids now of PUBG and it looks like my cup of tea. Am I right that the main game is third person but there is a first person mode? I assume there are plenty of first person servers by now?

Also when you die I guess you just move onto the next game i.e. don’t end up watching the current game (unless I really wanted to)?

that's basically it. you can only continue to spectate the game when in duo or squad mode.

Associate
Think of it as an early access game lacking polish, it's fun but has an enormous amount of issues.

Ha - I did read some stuff on this. What types of issues as watched a fair few vids so far and not really seen anything othet than dead guys kits disappearing and vehicles randomly floating in the air. Then again these streamers only tend to upload the good stuff.

Soldato
It is fun, but it's also infuriating.

Early games can get a lot of lag/sluggishness
Hit reg is inconsistent
Lots of cheats right now
Some fences are bulletproof
Shooting through windows can be a nightmare
First person mode makes you feel like a midget running around

General lack of optimisation.

But as I said, it can be a lot of fun, it is also far better in a squad rather than solo but I guess its important to get a feel for it before teaming up, good communication makes a world of difference.

Also worth checking out fortnite

Caporegime
its easy to put the game down for issues but it still even with the issues the best thing about gaming wise at the moment.

i tried fortnite couldnt get on with it too cartoony .

Soldato
its easy to put the game down for issues but it still even with the issues the best thing about gaming wise at the moment.

i tried fortnite couldnt get on with it too cartoony .
holy ****balls batman - we are going to agree on something!!

yea the game has massive issues but yea it is, imo, the best gaming experience available at the minute (when you're not getting ready to smash your keyboard through the screen!)

and yes, fortnite is a load of guff. played about an hour and uninstalled wondering wtf I had just experienced. it's like comparing something like forza motorsport with Mario kart! just because they both involve driving doesn't make them similar games!

Back
Top Bottom