PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS - Thread

Soldato
£500 on a second hand graphics card, most likely with no comeback if it decides to go pop within a month or so? You really reckon people are that stupid?
1) Buy off the MM and find a card where the seller is happy to help with any warranty issues
2) How many cards actually fail? Tiny percentage. You sound like the scaremongers who sell extended warranties for fridge freezers in Currys to grannies
3) You'd have to be more stupid to buy a brand new 2080 for 50% more imo
4) Do you even play PUBG? Thanks for your contribution to this thread

Soldato
I know this isn't the right place but it didn't feel right making a thread elsewhere.

Anyone else 1080p game using an RX480? Upgrade time or still good for PUBG?

Edit and if it's time tto upgrade what's good for £500 :)
Was running a 380x till recently without too much issue @ 1080.

At that budget watch for the vega 64’s - nitro is currently (or was) ~400 quid. Decent performance for the money.

Soldato
Yes, definitely. (with the exemption of the new map - which is still pretty laggy in some early gameplay)

I've noticed some early game oddities on the new map, particularly when jumping from the plane. If its a busy drop I will often scan around and find that the other players are glitching out as they are in freefall.

Associate
Just downloaded this again after buying in early access, does anyone have a guide for Xbox one controller setup as it looks like keyboard only, I’ve tried to map some buttons but when I use the joystick left and the forward for something else the left map will disappear.

Caporegime
if on pc its probably best to try and learn the buttons unless obviously its for health reasons . you should be able to map a xbox pad.

you dont really need to use many keys if you can on pc.

Associate
Just because I'm on my laptop. not really tried to use keyboard/mouse combo yet usually just sync up my Xbox controller.
I've tried to map but like I say some disappear, can't seem to map 2 options to the sticks. I'll maybe try again! If not I'll get a mouse and give it a bash or is it more keyboard? Thought mouse for looking/shooting?

Soldato
Just because I'm on my laptop. not really tried to use keyboard/mouse combo yet usually just sync up my Xbox controller.
I've tried to map but like I say some disappear, can't seem to map 2 options to the sticks. I'll maybe try again! If not I'll get a mouse and give it a bash or is it more keyboard? Thought mouse for looking/shooting?
buy a cheap wireless mouse and keyboard.....gaming on a laptop keyboard for this type of game would give me rampant diarrhoea....in fact it's giving me the squits just thinking about it!!!

Associate
buy a cheap wireless mouse and keyboard.....gaming on a laptop keyboard for this type of game would give me rampant diarrhoea....in fact it's giving me the squits just thinking about it!!!

Ok I’ll pick some up, maybe hook up to my tv to and give it a go! Laptops not the best but I travel all the time for work so I have to be portable! just got rid of my desktop as well! :mad:just started watching your twitch, looks a lot better than what it was when I first got it that’s for sure

Soldato
Ok I’ll pick some up, maybe hook up to my tv to and give it a go! Laptops not the best but I travel all the time for work so I have to be portable! just got rid of my desktop as well! :mad:just started watching your twitch, looks a lot better than what it was when I first got it that’s for sure
it's still janky as hell along with the floaty floaty feeling, movement acceleration/deceleration guff oh and of course the random ropey hitreg but yea it's a lot better than early release. still crazy good fun - can only imagine how much more fun it would be if they sorted the issues out.

Back
Top Bottom