PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS - Thread

Associate
I think this game starts to get fun when you try different things... Was in FPP I saw a couple squads fighting in the distance with a UAZ parked which I assumed was theirs. I crept up to it and looted a couple of bodies that got killed taking cover behind it, and just got into the back.. A minute later the zone starts coming in and I start thinking nobody was going to turn up to loot, however the sound of footsteps soon approached and one guy looted the bodies and then got in and started driving... After a bit I pulled my gun on him and he either heard it or saw it as he jumped immediately out of the vehicle still going full speed and died to falling :D

I also looted a crate near a rock face that led to the sea on military island and went off for some cover to camp anyone else coming for it. A squad of 3 turned up and as it was 3v1 and my potato aim was failing to land any hits on them and I was on low health with no heals, I jumped off to suicide onto the rocks below denying them access to crate loot :)

Soldato
It was ready to capture your death :D

luckily it captured that, just didnt really need the overlay popping up!

whats people's opinions on the loot distribution in FPP mode? I've had a mixed bag of finding absolutely nothing anywhere for ages, and other games where i've been sorted from minute one.

It feels a lot more obvious than in TPP mode, but just wondering if thats me

Caporegime
A useful feature for squads would be to be able to pick up items like helmets or vests for your squadmates. The penalty could be that they take up a large capacity within your bag. But would be good.

they wouldn't add that. you could carry a spare helmet and vest for yourself then. once it's taken a lot of damage ditch it and put the spare one on. if they were to do it then they should make it so that the more gear your carrying the slower your person moves. in a game where your constantly moving a lot of the time that would be interesting.

Soldato
luckily it captured that, just didnt really need the overlay popping up!

whats people's opinions on the loot distribution in FPP mode? I've had a mixed bag of finding absolutely nothing anywhere for ages, and other games where i've been sorted from minute one.

It feels a lot more obvious than in TPP mode, but just wondering if thats me

It's just you, I swap between modes and it's completely random. Landed at those ruins in the north east of the map playing duo and 3 other teams dropped. I am not even joking when I tell you I was extremely lucky to get a pistol, killed the other teams or they ran down the mountain, so completely uncontested looting... Nothing, we walked away from a spot which usually provides us with kitted UMP/uzis and SKS/Kar/AK/5.56 main weps with 1 pistol and a few meds between us!

Then I played solo and it happened again! I dropped at that fishing pier place opposite the military island and got a double barrel, 3 other players there and we didn't meet for quite some time and they were completely unarmed! Then I double checked the entire town and nothing, literally a double barrel and that's it, not even a crappy magnum lmao.

Now it's entirely possible somebody landed on good gear and left immediately but the odds of that happening quietly seem pretty low.

The looting in this game is crazy! lmao

Granted, those two spots are quite small and don't have the best loot density but they're usually quite fruitful and offer some early game fun without the absurd dice rolling School/Military involve.

Edit: The ruins are called Stabler and the town is called 'Fish Town' according to this map, and both of them are considered decent loot spots!
https://imgur.com/a/N1ZUA#yc2E4y5

It makes me wonder how this game would have done if it came out with load outs etc. and balanced spawn points with the circle mechanic. Looting is an unhealthy mechanic but I do wonder if that is what makes this genre popular.

Last edited:
Soldato
they wouldn't add that. you could carry a spare helmet and vest for yourself then. once it's taken a lot of damage ditch it and put the spare one on. if they were to do it then they should make it so that the more gear your carrying the slower your person moves. in a game where your constantly moving a lot of the time that would be interesting.

Oh I totally agree, that's why they should add a penalty and only make it a feature for squad/duo only. The penalty could be that it takes up a massive space in your bag, leaving you struggling to put any ammo/first aid in it.

Caporegime
loot needs to stay random.as much as you wanna snap keyboard over your knee sometimes.:p

nothing like getting chased by someone at start and every house has only medic kit and bandages :D

Caporegime
It's just you, I swap between modes and it's completely random. Landed at those ruins in the north east of the map playing duo and 3 other teams dropped. I am not even joking when I tell you I was extremely lucky to get a pistol, killed the other teams or they ran down the mountain, so completely uncontested looting... Nothing, we walked away from a spot which usually provides us with kitted UMP/uzis and SKS/Kar/AK/5.56 main weps with 1 pistol and a few meds between us!

Then I played solo and it happened again! I dropped at that fishing pier place opposite the military island and got a double barrel, 3 other players there and we didn't meet for quite some time and they were completely unarmed! Then I double checked the entire town and nothing, literally a double barrel and that's it, not even a crappy magnum lmao.

Now it's entirely possible somebody landed on good gear and left immediately but the odds of that happening quietly seem pretty low.

The looting in this game is crazy! lmao

Granted, those two spots are quite small and don't have the best loot density but they're usually quite fruitful and offer some early game fun without the absurd dice rolling School/Military involve.

Edit: The ruins are called Stabler and the town is called 'Fish Town' according to this map, and both of them are considered decent loot spots!
https://imgur.com/a/N1ZUA#yc2E4y5

It makes me wonder how this game would have done if it came out with load outs etc. and balanced spawn points with the circle mechanic. Looting is an unhealthy mechanic but I do wonder if that is what makes this genre popular.

looting is part of what makes the game fun. loot stealing as well. came across a guy with like 17 first aids on him. his whole team were geared up too with really nice loot. i think i got over 12 stims from them and that doesn't include what others got. they must have killed other squads for it. in a game like CSGO where the only thing you can pick up is nades and weapons looting and stealing brings a whole new element into it. i've had to play a full game and got second with an ump and nothing else.

i've been getting terrible loot as of late can't remember the last time i had a 4x scope.

Soldato
What would be the problem with choosing to carry a spare helmet/vest?

It would significantly reduce the effectiveness of headshots if you could chain replacing helmets, especially with how quick drag & drop is. The current meta forces you to be smart about picking your fights.

Imagine M24 or Kar98 headshotting someone with a lvl 3 helmet in the final 1v1, only for them to whip out another lvl 3.

Associate
The past week or 2 I think they has been an alarming number of people either hacking or unbelievably lucky to know where I am all the time, I've been getting headshot from places that are virtually impossible to see me starting to **** me off.

Associate
Does loot "spawn" only when a player enters the vicinity or is it pre-determined before the round starts?

I only ask as lately it feels like if you drop into what's considered a higher density area but it's just you or a couple of players (like if you do a long parachute flight or grab a vehicle early and leg it across the map) then the loot seems to be poorer than if you drop into an area full of players.

Most likely just my bad luck and poor game management though.

Caporegime
You seem to report a lot of wins, but what is your win %, top ten etc? ;)

erm honestly dont know.basically play with a group of players.we have fun and get wins along the way.ive had about 40 wins in the last two months.i do play a lot so percentage is probably low ratio.i do have them all screenshotted.

a lot of it depends on if its a serious game or we in a lets all go school every game kinda mood.or lets do tricks in vehicles.serious game is easy to get top ten almost every game.if you want a game add me on steam.if theres room ;)

day trader its once a month.

Back
Top Bottom