PlayStation 4 Pro in-bound

Soldato
If you have a decent enough PC for VR than Scorpio is a pointless purchase as it seems most if not all XB1 exclusives are going to be on PC.

I dunno man, my friends only have xboxes and no plans to get PS4s. It will likely have a 4K blu-ray player as well so perfect for my living room (where my Xbox currently is).
Once I'm done with the PS4 exclusives the Scorpio will make more sense

Last edited:
Soldato
Just cancelled my pre-order.

The lack of reviews, coupled with the intentional crippling of potential benefits for original PS4 games (disable extra GPU) AND lack of 4K UHD drive were the deciding factors.

I think it could be a great device but I think Sony are mis-handling the opportunity here.

All reviews are out on Monday, its currently NDA'd till then, most sites had their Pros last Monday. Intentionally Crippling? You mean the fact that it broke games when used without patches? I understand why they disabled it at launch perhaps it will be enabled at a later to date and used at own risk or something.

Caporegime
The Witness PS4 Pro patch -

We are definitely supporting HDR, on both the PS4 Pro and the base model PS4. If the game detects an HDR TV, it will start in HDR mode. HDR works in all resolutions mentioned below.

If you have a PS4 Pro, and are outputting to a 1080p TV, The Witness will render at 1080p, 60fps, 4x MSAA (which is substantially higher than the base PS4’s 900p, 60fps, 2x MSAA). This is the same as we announced in the earlier posting.

If you have a PS4 Pro, and are outputting to a 4k TV, then you get a choice of two modes from the options menu:
(a) 1440p 2x MSAA rendering of the game world, upscaled to 4k, text and UI rendered at 4k, 60fps
(b) 4k 2x MSAA rendering for everything, 30fps

http://the-witness.net/news/2016/11/ps4-pro-patch-update/

Soldato
Hmmm I might pull the trigger on a Pro, looking like Devs are including options for The Pro.

Question is how much will I get back on my launch PS4 Killzone with Camera bundle?

Associate
Hmmm I might pull the trigger on a Pro, looking like Devs are including options for The Pro.

Question is how much will I get back on my launch PS4 Killzone with Camera bundle?

I just have pulled the trigger.......same boat, my launch PS4 was a Killzone bundle - I think I'll probably relegate my PS3 and use my original PS4 in its place.

Soldato
Rainforst have the Pro + Dishonored 2 for £352.49..........was £370.00 yesterday

Thanks just cancelled my ShopTo preorder and ordered with Amazon, apparently console is coming a day later on the 11th but i don't mind as I just used £30 in amazon vouchers. So that's £322 with Dishonored 2 instead of the £350 for just the console.

Soldato
Done pulled the trigger!!!

Just bought the console as I get all multiplats on PC, at some point when they're available I'll order PSVR, New style Camera and move controllers.

Is it possible to backup my 2TB hard drive in my PS4 to a spare 3TB drive I have then when I get my Pro put the 2TB in and let the Pro format it then restore from the backup on the 3TB drive?

Soldato
Done pulled the trigger!!!

Just bought the console as I get all multiplats on PC, at some point when they're available I'll order PSVR, New style Camera and move controllers.

Is it possible to backup my 2TB hard drive in my PS4 to a spare 3TB drive I have then when I get my Pro put the 2TB in and let the Pro format it then restore from the backup on the 3TB drive?

Yup, just do a backup when your ready. It'll take like 5+ hours, did for me last time then when you put it in the PS4 Pro and it formats, recover from your external drive.

Associate
Which internal 2.5" 2TB hard drives are you guys going for?

And also, do you guys know if this 2TB hybrid would fit into the PS4 Pro?
FireCuda 2 TB
ST2000LX001

Back
Top Bottom