PlayStation 4 Pro in-bound

Caporegime
Mine arrived damaged from TescoDirect, only slight cosmetic but still. Wasnt packed with an extrnal box, just plastic wrap. Wasnt going to complain, but thought why shouldnt I. Would happily accept a discount rather than return it.

msiWTdO

Pic not working on my PC.

Associate
Mine arrived damaged from TescoDirect, only slight cosmetic but still. Wasnt packed with an extrnal box, just plastic wrap. Wasnt going to complain, but thought why shouldnt I. Would happily accept a discount rather than return it.

msiWTdO

I wouldn't accept that and would reject it. Get another ordered and then return that one for a refund, Tesco do refunds for 30 days.

Caporegime
Yeah, as DjShauny said, has to be complained about. If you provide photographic evidence you will probably get a voucher.

I bought a DJ mixer last year where the box had clearly been opened. I complained and got a £20 voucher. I wouldn't accept anything less than that as the damage has to be factored into the resale value.

In all honesty though, I'd get a replacement.

Associate
Arrived today when I ask out at work, set up this evening.

Had a bit of fiddle getting HDR set up correctly but didn't take long, I needed to change HDMI mode on my TV. It initially said my TV would only do 2K HDR. Changed from mode 1 to 2 sorted it.

Only HDR content I've tried so far is The Last of Us, looks really good. That said BF1 looked awesome as well, on my TV (Pana 65DX902B) a definite step up over the standard PS4.

Got Dishonoured 2 and UC4, Ratchet & Clank all to get stuck into as well.

Associate
Well, got mine earlier, can't say much as I'm waiting on a 4K TV end of the month hopefully, but what I can say though is one the controllers left stick has a slight sticking problem to the left side, noticed it straight away in Infamous First Light, if I only slightly move left the character keeps on moving left after release unless I actively push right a little bit.

But what's most annoying is this thing is louder than my 1200 model normal PS4. I don't know what the heck is up with Sony and the cooling design they are using in the PS4's but they suck. :( The difference between my old style XBOX One and this in noise is massive.

Associate
Mine arrived today, yet to try it properly since I am still transferring from my older PS4. Stuck a 1TB SSD in it, it seems much quieter so far it is a much nicer looking console.

Will be interesting to see how it looks on my LG 65EF950 OLED.

Soldato
Mine arrived today, yet to try it properly since I am still transferring from my older PS4. Stuck a 1TB SSD in it, it seems much quieter so far it is a much nicer looking console.

Will be interesting to see how it looks on my LG 65EF950 OLED.

There is apparently no trim support for SSD's on Pro which is a shame.

Soldato
Well, got mine earlier, can't say much as I'm waiting on a 4K TV end of the month hopefully, but what I can say though is one the controllers left stick has a slight sticking problem to the left side, noticed it straight away in Infamous First Light, if I only slightly move left the character keeps on moving left after release unless I actively push right a little bit.

But what's most annoying is this thing is louder than my 1200 model normal PS4. I don't know what the heck is up with Sony and the cooling design they are using in the PS4's but they suck. :( The difference between my old style XBOX One and this in noise is massive.

Mine is noticeable about the same as PS4 which is about 10 times louder than the original Xbox one.

V F

V F

Soldato
8gb uc4 patch means 8hr download

I never saw 8GB. O_o

v1.16

Mine is noticeable about the same as PS4 which is about 10 times louder than the original Xbox one.

Louder than the 1200?

Damn! I thought the 1200 was very quiet even with Uncharted 4.

Last edited:
Associate
I never saw 8GB. O_o

v1.16

Louder than the 1200?

Damn! I thought the 1200 was very quiet even with Uncharted 4.

My 1200 was not much quieter than my launch model, not the big difference they said and now it's the same thing with this, only Digital Foundry mentioned the noise being about the same and a bit annoying, everyone else said the Pro is quieter, like heck.

I also have to add I'm getting a weird coil whine that's like 4 notes looping constantly, any time the game is quiet that is going to annoy me.

Back
Top Bottom