PlayStation 4 Pro in-bound

Soldato
Isn't trim irrelevant in some of the drives nowadays anyway? One of my first SSD didn't have it and it's still running fine in my mum's PC after around 5 years. I'll be swapping as soon as I can get something on MM and it's mainly to get rid of heat, noise, vibration and access time delays more than anything. If it helps loading on top then that's a bonus.

Associate
Isn't trim irrelevant in some of the drives nowadays anyway? One of my first SSD didn't have it and it's still running fine in my mum's PC after around 5 years. I'll be swapping as soon as I can get something on MM and it's mainly to get rid of heat, noise, vibration and access time delays more than anything. If it helps loading on top then that's a bonus.

Another good point I didn't think of lol most of new ssd drives now are advertised as having some sort of garbage collection feature etc

Soldato
Best thing to try is install an SSD and fill it up to capacity and run it for a few days and see how it goes....

My 850 Evo became gradually slower the more it filled up until it was considerably slower than a mech drive. I also had quite a few errors as well. This was on PS4 the drive runs perfect in my laptop.

If the Pro is using the USB bus for its Sata connection this could impact potential performance too.

Soldato
Good point, but surely they must know some people will want to put SSD drives in?

They might add it at a later point, but given all their current SKUs come with HDDs and will probably never come with SSDs, I doubt it's a huge priority.

If it's anything like the regular PS4, the performance improvements won't be worth the cost anyway. A decent fast HDD or SSHD is the way to go.

Soldato
Had my first Pro specific issue, it appears that the 1.05 patch with the Pro upgrades in it breaks the icon led passing, which is pretty significant.
Can't play the game properly without the patch installed, so that's some pretty deficient QA testing on the patch by 2K.
It's already been highlighted by others on the 2k forum, so hopefully will be fixed soon.

Caporegime
Had my first Pro specific issue, it appears that the 1.05 patch with the Pro upgrades in it breaks the icon led passing, which is pretty significant.
Can't play the game properly without the patch installed, so that's some pretty deficient QA testing on the patch by 2K.
It's already been highlighted by others on the 2k forum, so hopefully will be fixed soon.

What game are you talking about?

Back
Top Bottom