PlayStation 4 Pro in-bound

Soldato
I just remembered how many (including me) laughed at the original rumour of a mid cycle upgrade like this. I bet many then bought it (including me) :p

Soldato
Anyone having issues with getting their PS4 pro to pass through their amp when it's off.

It just won't work for me. I have a denon avrx2300 and the shield TV in 4k, HDR works with passthrough with no problem. Not with the PS4 pro though. Have to have the amp on. Very annoying.

Soldato
Anyone having issues with getting their PS4 pro to pass through their amp when it's off.

It just won't work for me. I have a denon avrx2300 and the shield TV in 4k, HDR works with passthrough with no problem. Not with the PS4 pro though. Have to have the amp on. Very annoying.
I've got the 2200 which is more or less the same, I thought the only options when the amp is in standby was to pass thru last used source or a particular source permenantly.

Soldato
Not PRO related but I have a weird issue that I can't solve, seems common to the OS, or Youtube. Essentially I can't link my PSN account to Youtube - I just end up cycling through signing into my google account repeatedly. Do you all have a similar issue? I swear my PS4 prior to this worked ok for uploading videos to YT.

Soldato
I've got the 2200 which is more or less the same, I thought the only options when the amp is in standby was to pass thru last used source or a particular source permenantly.

Yes mine is set to last used source.

When. I have the shield TV on, switch the amp off. A second or 2 later. Passthrough kicks in and I get picture and sound of the shield.

If I do the same with PS4 pro , when I switch off amp, just get blank screen.

Problem must be in the PS4 settings as the shield is 4k HDR and that flows through just fine

Soldato
Yes mine is set to last used source.

When. I have the shield TV on, switch the amp off. A second or 2 later. Passthrough kicks in and I get picture and sound of the shield.

If I do the same with PS4 pro , when I switch off amp, just get blank screen.

Problem must be in the PS4 settings as the shield is 4k HDR and that flows through just fine

To rule out a few things, have you tried switching inputs on the AVR, maybe try connecting the pro up to the input the shield uses.

Soldato
I just remembered how many (including me) laughed at the original rumour of a mid cycle upgrade like this. I bet many then bought it (including me) :p

I was always up for it :)

It appears to have been successful so perhaps incremental upgrades will be the norm now?

I personally wouldn't have a problem with this as long as all variations were catered for.

There would need to be a cut off at some point though.

Soldato
I was always up for it :)

It appears to have been successful so perhaps incremental upgrades will be the norm now?

I personally wouldn't have a problem with this as long as all variations were catered for.

There would need to be a cut off at some point though.

Yeh I don't want to see it every year, but every 3 or so isn't too bad

Caporegime
Yeh I don't want to see it every year, but every 3 or so isn't too bad

As long as they don't keep doing things that warrants new TVs! I bought a 1080p just for PS4 and now I have to buy a 4K HDR one for PS4 Pro. What will the PS5 require? Another TV but with Dolby Vision? Adaptive sync? 8K? LOL.

Caporegime
One thing I kept meaning to ask now that the PS4 Pro is out - whatever did happen to screenshots and video recording? When you press a screenshot do you now get 4K PNG files for every game that has a Pro patch? And what about video? Is that 1080p30 now for every game instead of 720p?

Soldato
As long as they don't keep doing things that warrants new TVs! I bought a 1080p just for PS4 and now I have to buy a 4K HDR one for PS4 Pro. What will the PS5 require? Another TV but with Dolby Vision? Adaptive sync? 8K? LOL.

Yeh agreed, picked up a couple 4K TVs before HDR was a thing now I have missed out. Not upgrading them for at least 5 years now. OLED 8k by then :p

Associate
Has anyone any good info on what's happening with stock? Amazon, Argos, game, all have next to no stock, and looking at .It .fr .de and .es Amazon's it looks the same.

Just a case of a massive underestimation on stock, or are we to expect a new model soon?

Soldato
Very is where i got mine from last week. Also i noticed while playing lego marvel last night that its actually sending my tv a 4k signal and i don't believe its a game thats had a patch released for it. Does the pro upscale all games and some have better textures patched in?

Associate
Personally, I'm hoping they're prepping some special bundles with 2TB HDDs or something. But I can't think of any big game releases coming up that would warrant it.
Yeah, that might make sense.
I'm just confused in that they've launched the Horizon game, to a raft of decent reviews, praise about how great it looks, yet you can hardly find a pro to play it

Back
Top Bottom