PlayStation 4 Pro in-bound

Man of Honour
This was like the PSVR, but when Resident Evil was released, stock seemed to be a lot easier to come by and it's pretty much easy to walk in anywhere now and pick one up. I thought that might be the case with Horizon but clearly not, all the places I usually check haven't had stock for over a week

Associate
Is there really a benefit in the Pro, ive seen mixed reviews saying there isnt much difference on Horizon for example. Not sure i can justify the upgrade while my ps4 is working.

Caporegime
I've had a quick mooch for TVs and there are some models like Samsung 6000 series which say are 4K HDR for about £450. They're not 10-bit Ultra HD though. Is it really worth the doubling in price for this feature?

Soldato
well I've had a quick look at boost mode. Currently playing ether one which is a fairly basic looking game but it does have some slow down walking around a small harbour but just had a quick go and it's now smooth.

Soldato
Is there really a benefit in the Pro, ive seen mixed reviews saying there isnt much difference on Horizon for example. Not sure i can justify the upgrade while my ps4 is working.

Much is subjective. I'm a stickler for frame rates (something that has bugged me with the PS4 from the get go) and also use PSVR - the Pro provided a boost for both. Most noticeably the former. I'm on a 1080p screen btw and would likely be outputting at 1080p if it meant a higher or more consistent frame rate even if on a 4K screen.

Soldato
Well I am pretty impressed by the Boost Mode on PS4 Pro. Installed last night and had a play on a few games and it did make a significant improvement. Maybe its because I have been playing a fewer older games. I tried The Evil Within and after playing it recently there are frame drop galore with boost mode its VERY smooth and as far as I can tell after playing for a while no dropped frames at all. Same with Farcry 4, Fallout 4 and Tomb Raider Definitive. Good job so far!

Soldato
I find it only gets noisy-ish with games like that. When I say noisy it's just the fans sounding a bit like fans on a pc does.

The worst for it is no mans sky at 4K. (I've not heard them spin up so fast before)

HZD is pretty good. Spins up for a minute or two then goes quiet again.

Edit. Boost mode seems to make games like witcher 3 and dark souls 3 seem a heck of a lot smoother too. Haven't tried anything else yet.

Back
Top Bottom