PlayStation 4 Pro in-bound

Caporegime
I think they should stick with its codename Neo. It fits quite nicely. I guess they won't have altered the CPU much if it's coming out this early. PS4 needs more grunt in that department.

Caporegime
I'm reading rumours that Sony have had two Neo consoles up their sleeves all along. One at the 4.2 Tflops and another one at 5.5. How true that is, I have no idea. But obviously the 5.5 one would be better placed against the Scorpio.

Soldato
I'm reading rumours that Sony have had two Neo consoles up their sleeves all along. One at the 4.2 Tflops and another one at 5.5. How true that is, I have no idea. But obviously the 5.5 one would be better placed against the Scorpio.

Yeh heard this rumour a while back too. It would be awesome if they released the 5.5 one. Still waiting to get some PS4 games in after selling the old one.
Imagine a higher res/fidelity Uncharted!

Let's hope this helps VR pick up as well. Still leaning towards Scorpio/Oculus when I finally get it in though.

Associate
Personally I sold my PS4 early to wait for this, but also interested to hear others plans.

If I ever get a job decent enough to let me leave my parent's place, I may buy a NEO and give either the NEO or current PS4 to my brother so he can still play PS4 games. OTher than that... I'm not fussed. PC's are only just able to run some games at 4k60, but only with ridiculously expensive hardware. I sure won't be using a NEO for 4k if I did ever buy one. But 1080p60 on PS4 exclusives would be nice.

Soldato
If I ever get a job decent enough to let me leave my parent's place, I may buy a NEO and give either the NEO or current PS4 to my brother so he can still play PS4 games. OTher than that... I'm not fussed. PC's are only just able to run some games at 4k60, but only with ridiculously expensive hardware. I sure won't be using a NEO for 4k if I did ever buy one. But 1080p60 on PS4 exclusives would be nice.

This is what confuses me

Nearly everyone agreed that a single geforce 980ti could not properly cope with 4k gaming on the latest tiles. The replacement geforce 1070 I believe is a little better for 4k but not much in it. The scorpios specs indicate it is running a gpu slightly weaker than the 1070. Now if the neos specs are to be believed, which is a lot worse than scorpio, how on earth are they going to handle 4k gaming. Is it because the games are coded for a single setup?

Soldato
This is what confuses me

Nearly everyone agreed that a single geforce 980ti could not properly cope with 4k gaming on the latest tiles. The replacement geforce 1070 I believe is a little better for 4k but not much in it. The scorpios specs indicate it is running a gpu slightly weaker than the 1070. Now if the neos specs are to be believed, which is a lot worse than scorpio, how on earth are they going to handle 4k gaming. Is it because the games are coded for a single setup?

All the 4k talk is just for BluRay/Streaming video. Maybe there'll be some graphically simplistic games that render at 4k, Rez maybe, but for most part I expect we'll be seeing native 1080p with a bit of extra eye-candy upscaled to 4k.

Caporegime
This is what confuses me

Expect upscaling/uprendering to UHD for the majority of games

ps3ud0 :cool:

Last edited:
Soldato
Really intereested to hear what Sony have to say on the 7th, hoping they give the hardware a decent bump for VR usage

I doubt I will have enough ready cash for immediate purchase but hopefully by Xmas I will be good to go (with VR to be bought in the new year if the reviews are good)

Soldato
Some pictures of a new SKU online. Thoughts?
Fake, Neo or Slim?

EDIT: Just saw this has been posted in the main PS4 thread

Last edited:
Caporegime
So one thing I was thinking about this Neo. When a new console comes out, you get a bunch of launch games to demonstrate its abilities. But as there can be no Neo-only games, how are they going to do this? Are we getting a bunch of demos saying this is how these games will look on Neo but not available til next year or whenever. Or are we going to get a bunch of launch day patches for existing games that have been souped up? Or in the worse case scenario, we get nothing at all but VR games?

Soldato
So one thing I was thinking about this Neo. When a new console comes out, you get a bunch of launch games to demonstrate its abilities. But as there can be no Neo-only games, how are they going to do this? Are we getting a bunch of demos saying this is how these games will look on Neo but not available til next year or whenever. Or are we going to get a bunch of launch day patches for existing games that have been souped up? Or in the worse case scenario, we get nothing at all but VR games?

Yeh they could show some games with higher fidelity and call it something along the lines of "better on PlayStation 4K" or whatever it will be called

Caporegime
Yeh they could show some games with higher fidelity and call it something along the lines of "better on PlayStation 4K" or whatever it will be called

Ah, yes, then I remember. Aren't all games coming out from October 2016 onwards having a neo mode?

That would include such things as -

Mafia III, Battlefield 1, The Last Guardian, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Titanfall 2, Call of Duty Infinite Warfare, Dishonored 2, Watch Dogs 2, Final Fantasy XV, Dead Rising 4.

To name a few. All of those have to have enhanced Neo graphics or a nearly 4K resolution. So I guess there will be some things to show off the console this Christmas.

Back
Top Bottom