PlayStation 4 Pro in-bound

Caporegime
Here's the leaked Neo blurb that prompted all of this discussion. By now it could be completely out of date due to the Scorpio reveal but it gives some insight as to what Sony wants devs to do. They say the frame buffer must be higher than 1080p when connected to 4K TV.

Spoilered due to the big image sizes

6lntnWg.jpg
xNpykyd.jpg
Urfl7dO.jpg
OmXOt2u.jpg
rxS2DRX.jpg

Soldato
Hmm interesting.
I fell like we would have heard something by now if this was a 2016 release. Has it ever been this quiet leading up to a console?

Caporegime
Hmm interesting.
I fell like we would have heard something by now if this was a 2016 release. Has it ever been this quiet leading up to a console?
If they have delayed plans I cant see Neo turning up before Scorpios timeline - AMD just dont have anything of significance until Zen becomes a thing and I suspect MS is waiting for that. I dont think its a strong position to have Neo turn up early 2017 with the spec those leaked documents mention...

Sony arent at Gamescom, so TGS seems the deadline for Neo hitting 2016 - as you said though theres no real new info/rumours.

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
I think it would be a mistake to release Neo now that Microsoft have shown their hand. Didnt they say they aim to have the most powerful hardware awhile back? (Or did I imagine it?)

If Neo comes out as is, I will definitely wait for Scorpio.

Associate
Anyone know what "checkerboard rendering" is when it comes to UHD 3840x2160 resolution?

It's not resolution specific, its just a different way of rendering. Instead of rendering the scene to a full screen render target you split it up into smaller squares (or "tiles").

Soldato
Is anyone who already owns a PS4 going to get this as soon as it's available? I think I will probably wait a bit and see what improvements are made over the base game.

Personally I sold my PS4 early to wait for this, but also interested to hear others plans.

V F

V F

Soldato
Soldato
PlayStation just announced a September event, where it will likely unveil the PlayStation 4 successor

Sony PlayStation on Tuesday afternoon sent invites for an event on September 7 called “PlayStation Meeting,” where the company will “share details about the PlayStation business.”

Earlier today, reports from Vice Gaming and Gameblog claimed PlayStation would hold an event that day to unveil its PlayStation 4 Neo, also known as the PlayStation 4.5.

If you’re unfamiliar, the Neo is expected to play all the current PlayStation 4 games out there, but offer more horsepower for better graphics and frame rates. It’s expected to also support 4K games, movies, and TV shows.

With that extra horsepower, the Neo will likely be the ideal console to power the company’s upcoming virtual reality headset, PlayStation VR, which arrives in October.

We look forward to learning more about the PlayStation 4 successor on September 7. The event starts at 3 p.m. ET.

Back
Top Bottom