PlayStation Classic

Associate
As above though is be happy for them to offer a paid for emulator on the store that did PS1/2/3 on a ps4

That's way better idea then selling another device, allows quick and easy access.

They could copy switch method with its new online service, allows quick and easy access to small selection of nes games

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes? If your device costs £90 include everything it needs to run in the box.

If a manufacturer releases a device with a proprietary connector then I think it should be included as standard, but ideally they wouldn't and we'd all be using the same until a new standard is agreed, like USB C being the default.

Nintendo released the New 3DS without an adaptor and I had to go to a couple of stores and ended up buying a third-party version just to play the bloody thing for the first time, not cool.

But with micro USB I definitely don't want any more of these! It's a massive waste of resources when there are literally millions of these sitting in people's drawers, and that's not to mention the ecological impact.

Don
That's way better idea then selling another device, allows quick and easy access.

They could copy switch method with its new online service, allows quick and easy access to small selection of nes games

I'd rather it was just a generic emulator that played any games you already had on Physical disk, that way the back catalog would remain huge, rather than excluding a raft of games that won't ever be rereleased in any format due to licensing issues (e.g. copyrighted soundtracks etc)

Associate
I still own a ps one and kept a lot of my original games but I've ordered this because of the collector in me, I have the nes and snes mini so may as well add this to the collection. Plus I love the nostalgia of opening these mini consoles in their original boxes

Caporegime
I think I will get it, just for the collector in me but a part of me thinks some of these are best view through rose tinted windows and my memories of them are best left untouched.

Spot on. I've gone back and played tons of games from my childhood and they generally sucked. Abe's Oddysee was an exception though, loved that game.

Soldato
Yes, and I have an original PS3 that can do PS2 games... however I don't want two consoles in my front room, would rather just have the PS4 play everything :)

I don't think you will ever get the PS3s disc based backwards compatibility on a PS4 as it cannot read the discs. Put one in and listen to the noises the drive makes before it gives up with a disc unreadable error (compared with a disc incompatible error if you tried a PS2 DVD disc).

Maybe that'll finally make original PS1 classics available in a year or so once they've made a ton of money off selling this mini console.
It's never happening. :(

Soldato
I've put in a preorder but I'm not 100% on it until I see the game list. Disappointed it doesn't have analogue controls as that's going to spoil any racing games. I actually think they might end up dropping Gran Turismo due to car manufacturer licensing issues and the lack of analogue controls.

They better have Castlevania: Symphony of the Night and a version of Wipeout though!

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm in 2 minds about this one. The NES/SNES classics hold up because of the 'retro' 8-bit sprite 2D graphics which everyone is doing modern takes of these days. No one is trying to replicate low res polygon graphics, I just don't think they hold up as well.

Soldato
I'm in 2 minds about this one. The NES/SNES classics hold up because of the 'retro' 8-bit sprite 2D graphics which everyone is doing modern takes of these days. No one is trying to replicate low res polygon graphics, I just don't think they hold up as well.

I'd agree, I'm also not sure that first generation 3D visuals and gameplay will hold up today like the 8/16bits did

Back
Top Bottom