PlayStation Classic

Soldato
Wait, so he bought 3 without any intention of ever using them, in hopes he can sell them at an inflated price once they have sold out? Just wow.

Yes that is the definition of a scalper basically. It's not uncommon, but to lose half the value in such a short space is pretty funny.

Oh people are ofering him £40 now

It gives me a lovely warm feeling deep down seeing scalpers getting burned and struggling to get back half what they spent! :cool:

He'll get a slap on the wrist for posting that in a MM thread but he said what everyone else is thinking.

The seller will probably close the thread and pretend he sold them for asking price to save face but we all know it's a lie. I suppose the only saving grace is he was openly honest about it.

Soldato
To be fair my comment was a bit cheeky but given the OP brazenly said they bought 3 with the sole intention of selling them on at a profit to people desperate for Xmas presents I think I think they deserved the dig ☺️

Soldato
I keep mulling over whether to buy one at £50 but the lack of analogue on the controllers limits how useful it would be with something like RetroArch so I'll probably give it a miss as I don't rate the bundled game selection. If they bring out a playstation 2 mini or one that has the anlogue/rumble controllers I'd be more tempted by that.

Soldato
Sales must have flopped big time to warrant such a quick price drop, has their been any news of adding better roms or custom software to make the games looks and play better?

Soldato
Sales must have flopped big time to warrant such a quick price drop, has their been any news of adding better roms or custom software to make the games looks and play better?
As I have been posting the system was hacked within the first week and now it's easy to add ROMs using a USB stick .

Last 24 hours has seen an early build of Retroarch running with many consoles working well.

Caporegime
I keep mulling over whether to buy one at £50 but the lack of analogue on the controllers limits how useful it would be with something like RetroArch so I'll probably give it a miss as I don't rate the bundled game selection. If they bring out a playstation 2 mini or one that has the anlogue/rumble controllers I'd be more tempted by that.

Same here, even at £50 it’s too much, I have a PS3 that does everything this does and the emulation is better and I just pop my original discs in and away I go...even with very strong nostalgia I can’t buy one

Same here, even at £50 it’s too much, I have a PS3 that does everything this does and the emulation is better and I just pop my original discs in and away I go...even with very strong nostalgia I can’t buy one
I reserved one at Argos for £50.....only to walk away after standing in the queue a few minutes.

I am loving the 'for sale' thread with the bloke who scalped 3 at £90 each and is trying to flog them.

Soldato
People are putting offers in for £40, they are declining.

They might aswell, return them back for a refund. They got stung.....lesson learned for next time.

Associate
eBay are doing a flash sale right now until 8pm so you can get 15% off until then. That brings the classic down to 42.50 including delivery from the shopto store. £90 was a very high asking price. I just got one from Smyth's yesterday so a bit gutted I missed this discount. At least I can play it now though and it's definitely a nostalgia overload!!

Edit: just finished ffvii on the pc yesterday. 70 hours played and managed to take down both weapons and get most characters to 99. Won't play that on the classic for a while yet but loving the bowl on destruction derby. Me and my brother used to take turns playing that on the demo disc that came with the PlayStation when it released! That and the skating one which I forget the name of. You could ride bikes too. Played that demo disc to death in my young teens!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom