Playstation Plus

Soldato
If you're button-mashing during combat in Batman then you're playing it wrong. The combat is all about keeping a good rhythm going. I don't remember any other button-mashing in that game but it's been a while.
IIRC theres a few spots where once you stun a big baddy you mash a button, but as above you're doing it wrong.

Soldato
If you're button-mashing during combat in Batman then you're playing it wrong. The combat is all about keeping a good rhythm going. I don't remember any other button-mashing in that game but it's been a while.
The first 45 to 60 minutes I played, mobs of enemies surrounding me received the same treatment. Point towards and enemy, mash attack button, point to next enemy mash attack button, counter prompt hit button then back to mashing the rest of the mob. I fail to see how that's wrong or there's a "right" way to do it. I took on about 20 enemies in one mob using that technique and probably only got hit once or twice at the absolute most.

Soldato
I've played all the batman games to completion and mashing attack is just not an option, it might work for the first few fights but once you get brutes, guns, tasers, etc it's just not going to work (or be fun). There is a good chunk of tactics and options in the combat but if the game's not for you then no harm done :)

Soldato
I've played all the batman games to completion and mashing attack is just not an option, it might work for the first few fights but once you get brutes, guns, tasers, etc it's just not going to work (or be fun). There is a good chunk of tactics and options in the combat but if the game's not for you then no harm done :)
Oh ok, so does get better as you progress? Unlockable moves etc?

Soldato
Yes, you even unlock some gadggadgets which can be used during the fighting to keep your combo up, but I have to admit I could never remember the combos:(. Some of the finisher moves look painful though lol. I know ark knight git a lot of stick but I thought they were all pretty good, although i played all 4 on PC.

Soldato

Yep, you get a range of gadgets, one-hit finishers, shorter combo build-up for perfectly timed hits and so on. By the end you are a powerhouse but you'll be fighting off enemies with shields, guns, tasers, brutes, etc all of whom need a specific approach.

The combat isn't super super deep but it's much better than most open-world games :)

Soldato
Playing through tlou remastered again atm. It still holds up so well. Incredible game and if you’ve never played it you really should do now it’s free.

just out of the sewers :D

Associate
I never got around to getting the remaster. I still have my ps3 copy though but without any dlc.
Me too, would like to play it again on the PS4 in prep for TLOU2, and if it has all the DLC that's a bonus.
The MLB game is one I'll enjoy and haven't already got, so all in all it's a very good month for me.

Soldato
It's worth noting that TLOU: Remastered contains all the DLC as well, so if anyone hasn't played Left Behind (and you really should), this is your chance.

I never got around to getting the remaster. I still have my ps3 copy though but without any dlc. I might try it before my sub ends.
Indeed definitely worth it for the DLC.

Back
Top Bottom