PlayStation VR / VR2

Associate

This is why VR has taken so long to arrive. If people are having nausea from this, they would have all-but collapsed with the earlier oculus developer kits (DK2 was so much worse than PSVR).

Also, the reviews complaining about the low resolution, clearly had no idea what to expect and haven't used VR previously... It's perfectly playable, but I think some people are expecting too much.

Soldato
It does look noticeably worse than the normal Drive club. I think it really needs PS4 pro tbh....

I only tried Drive club and after how that made me feel I'm not trying it again. I felt worse than when I did aerobatics in a Typhoon.

Soldato
It does look noticeably worse than the normal Drive club. I think it really needs PS4 pro tbh....

I only tried Drive club and after how that made me feel I'm not trying it again. I felt worse than when I did aerobatics in a Typhoon.

do the games have comfort ratings like the Oculus ones?

do you have any recourse for a refund, if you so desire, for feeling such a way with this title or is it just tough?

Soldato
do the games have comfort ratings like the Oculus ones?

do you have any recourse for a refund, if you so desire, for feeling such a way with this title or is it just tough?

No idea tbh about ratings.

Not sure I have not bought one so I'm OK. I imagine if you buy from the larger retailers a refund would be possible...

Associate

It does look worse, but of course it does - it was always going to.

Anyone that's tried VR (and all previous reviews) will talk about how it's much lower resolution. The Pro won't make *that* much difference, as the screen resolution is likely the limiting factor there, although they should be able to get rid of the texture-crawl in the intro, etc.

They may be able to add the AA solution that rigs is using, but stylistic games are always much better in VR than photorealistic.

As previously mentioned, the nausea is an individual thing and affects everyone differently.

Many people do slowly gain VR 'legs' though... so you may find that after a few 'small' sessions, you get more used to it. Of course, you may not :(

Associate

A major problem with VR titles on the PC has been the lack of demos. At least Steam now has a standard policy.

Sony do have a Driveclub VR demo though, on the provided disk, so they may well not refund the full game on the basis that you could demo it.

Back
Top Bottom