PlayStation VR / VR2

About time, they should have considered this along time ago! Hopefully they can shift some more units, the kit is great and more support would be great to see!
Funnily enough I had a PSVR2 survey from PlayStation via email a few days ago, asking for my thoughts on it and how satisfied I was with various aspects. I used it as a good opportunity to say I felt they were letting it down with a lack of first-party content and games that make proper use of both the PS5 and PSVR2 hardware capabilities, and not doing enough to really push it. It's a good sign they're asking for this feeback but I think their lack of momentum as Quest 3 arrived has done an awful lot of damage already, and the games media have not been kind to it lately.

which socket?
Stolen text;

Updated information was announced for the PSVR2 PCVR application on Steam and the following advice is given...

"Must have a dedicated Mini DisplayPort™ or standard DisplayPort™ output port. DisplayPort™ over USB Type-C® is not compatible with your PlayStation®VR2 PC adapter."

PSVR2 application

This means your machine will not be compatible if it only has type-C display output or HDMI. You may require an external graphics card instead.

Please wait until after the adapter is released and users have tried it with their machines. Perhaps it could be working with type-C on some machines, but it isn't guaranteed.

That's normal right? VR headsets usually required a connection to the GPU via display port?

I always thought that was the case, well I think it was with the Oculus Rift S that I briefly owned...

Sorry, thought it mentioned also v1.4.

Not only that, a lot of people may not be aware as they are (potentially) a PS5 gamer with a PC and not understand the full requirement.

Dammit, thought it released next week and missed it. Ordered elsewhere and awaiting stock.

Half Life: Alyx is on sale on Steam for £16.99 btw.

Back
Top Bottom