PlayStation VR / VR2

I've played several hours of HL: Alyx now and have to say, it's been working really well. No major or regular headset tracking issues, no issues with getting the controllers to connect or stay connected, it all works great. My only two major complaints are: the controllers can only stay paired to one device at a time, so if you want to move it back and forth between your PC and PS5 regularly be prepared for a bit of extra faff each time. I also wish it had PC support for the adaptive triggers, I can imagine they'd have been implemented so well in the game and would've added that extra level of immersion.

If you have PSVR2 and a reasonably competent gaming PC, it's well worth getting the PC adapter for.

There is a way to get the adaptive triggers working, by all accounts.
Have a look at jammyhero's YouTube video about it.
Thanks just seen it, unfortunately it just seems to be adding resistance to every trigger squeeze and understandably games aren't being built with them in mind anyway. Still, if it's easy to set up it could be worth a try.

I went back to Astro Bot VR and dug out the PSVR. I was surprised to see the textured coating flaking away from the soft foam parts on the headset. It's just been stored in the carry case for a long time.

21st century planned obsolescence at its finest :(
Yep. Noticed the soft plastic, rubbery feel you get on products breaks down after a decade or so. From umbrella handles to memory card readers, you name. It becomes that terrible sticky **** that makes using the device essentially impossible.

Yep. Noticed the soft plastic, rubbery feel you get on products breaks down after a decade or so. From umbrella handles to memory card readers and even a Nexus phone from the 2010’s (the Motorola), you name. It becomes that terrible sticky **** that makes using the device essentially impossible.

Arizone Sunshine Remake was released the other day, only an £8 upgrade if you already owned the PS4 version. My mate and I have been slowly getting through AS2 recently so it'll be good to be able to go back and play the first one.

Arizone Sunshine Remake was released the other day, only an £8 upgrade if you already owned the PS4 version. My mate and I have been slowly getting through AS2 recently so it'll be good to be able to go back and play the first one.
I regret not buying it a while back when it was something silly like £3.

Back
Top Bottom