• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

please just stop it, stop buying

Associate
Please just stop it, stop preaching

I don’t like NVIDIA’s pricing, but people are free to buy what they like, and these kind of posts are pointless and rather cringeworthy

Associate
If you all had some sort of self control and didn't pay these extortionate prices Nvidia would have to adjust to us instead of us adjusting to them.

I've stopped buying anything. I reckon by the end of the year my total annual spending will be about £3.50. That'll teach 'em. :p

Soldato
If we all just waited and stayed 15 years behind we could truly be playing the way it's meant to be played. Right now we'd be enjoying Half Life 2 at glorious 60fps at 4k with a £10 gpu. In 3 years time you could be doing it with Crisis. Easy.

Soldato
I blame Porsche. Have you seen what they charge for a beetle these days? And people will pay for them too!
You think that's bad, look how much BMW charge for just another 3/4 series (M3/4 pricing vs base model) :D

When new games come out with RT you can't **** in the tall weed with the big dogs if you don't have a 20 series :p. Non-RT gaming, it's so last generation.
Only kidding folks! we'll all be waiting on RMA;s probably
(doing my bit to increase sales)

Soldato
Thing is... I do agree that GPU prices are spiralling out of control.

However why is it OK for Google or Apple to charge £700 - £1000 for a phone?

What costs more to research and fabricate. A phone or a GPU?

Soldato
console sections over that way . //////points vaquely/////

all seriousness aside i've given up keeping up with the latest and greatest,

still rocking xfire 280xs and a 2600k quite happily.

my latest games are on console now

£360 got me a top spec 4k capable console and a few games.

Caporegime
console sections over that way . //////points vaquely/////

all seriousness aside i've given up keeping up with the latest and greatest,

still rocking xfire 280xs and a 2600k quite happily.

my latest games are on console now

£360 got me a top spec 4k capable console and a few games.

4k capable is a matter of opinion as the games are constantly being changed in res dynamically as you play.

Associate
I guess many of us shot ourselves in the foot when we moved away from 1080p/60hz in favour of higher resolutions and higher refresh rates, and now need serious horsepower to drive these displays, otherwise we could probably all call it a day with a GTX 1060.

Perhaps DLSS will level that curve a bit from now on if it's all it's cracked up to be. Either way, bad times right now for affordable upgrades.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Another place today had around 10 strix ti's in for £1500 a pop, they all sold within about an hour or so of being listed. Seems to be about the best of the aib cards from what i've seen but £1500. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom