Plusnet Discussion Thread

Soldato
OP
It's depend how good is your estimated speed via BTw checker but sometimes once get connected and activated, you will never know what is your connection sync rate going to be? Is it G.INP enabled? Is it target SNR 3dB on it? Or Lower sync rate due to crosstalk etc.

I got 80Mbps for almost 4 years with PN but it now drop to 73Mbps due to more peoples connected in my cabinet due to crosstalk.

Soldato
OP
Plusnet do have a 52/10 as i'm using it, however it was only offered to people on a discontinued 40/20 package. They charge me the same as their basic fiber package, but personally wish they kept the 40/20 as the upload was more important to me.

I thought PN only do 40/10? not 55/10 or has it changed now to become 55/10 by default?

Soldato
OP
Updated: I have spoken to Openreach via email and the good news that my cabinet 8 with g.fast will go live by next 8-12 weeks as they just awaiting to do five more cabinets in my area Cabinet 9, 7, 13, 1 and 6 but also saying FTTP is only available nuplace new houses in my area, Dawley, St.Georges and Madeley.

But the bad news is: PN will not offer g.fast service for the time being. So, I won't bother then.

Soldato
OP
Got a cracking deal with Plusnet staying for another 12 months contract for FTTC 80/20 with line only for just £22.50 all credit thanks to Gandalf (PN Staff) plus £5 further reduced from my referral scheme to get this price down to £17.50.
smiley.gif

Going to stick and staying with PN.

Soldato
OP
Yea, DLM is annoying, but it’s just part of the process unfortunately.

Yes these are the PN rules below:

For FTTC (Dynamic Line Management - DLM Policy)

On the first day, your line will start at its fastest possible speed and Dynamic Line Management (DLM) will monitor the line for 24 hours.
Depending on the line's stability, the speed will be adjusted then checked again in 24 hours.
This will continue for up to 10 days until it finds the most stable speed for your line so please leave your Plusnet Hub One router turned on for the first 10 days while we are testing.
We do this to make sure you have the fastest speed your line can support on a stable connection.
While we are testing, you may notice some variations in your broadband speed and your connection may be intermittent at times - this is normal.
Do not turn off your Plusnet Hub One router - keep it ON at all times because Dynamic Line Management (DLM) will monitor the line at all times.
To avoid Dynamic Line Management (DLM) after 10 days turn off your Plusnet Hub One router from the main socket for at least 30 minutes before turn it back on.

Back
Top Bottom