Plymouth & Plymouth Uni help...

Nix

Nix

Soldato
S7yl3s said:
Ah no it's ok I've spoken to UNITE and it's been sorted out.

Turns out they print the same form for every one of their buildling throughout the country and the utlity charge only applies to some of them.

So I only need to pay my security deposit.

Out of interest how much was the first installment of rent and how are you paying, 3 or 8 installments?

Well last year (the academic year just passed), I payed in 3 installments of £917. That and my course fee's basically left me skint.

My rent has gone down this year, but the contract is now 52weeks, so I'm going to change it to 8 installments and pay about £300 a month or so.

Soldato
markwombat said:
P.S: I can't imagine either who your are referring to when you mention the australia comments ;) I had him as my project supervisor for my final year project :)
Ditto, I think I bothered to go and see him once. Spent 7 months not doing anything on the project, started it from scratch 7pm Tuesday evening, handed it in Friday for 9am deadline and got a 1st ;)

Soldato
The roads off North Road East are nice and near uni, only downside is that quite a lot of it is near the train tracks.

As previous mentioned, the Uni accommodation service is very good and avoid Chris Shorey at all costs.

Caporegime
I live on hillside av mutley (just over the tracks) and its a pretty good place to live, never had any problems (except the old locals who constantly moan) and only 10 minutes from uni. Plymouth itself is a pretty nice city, it doesnt really feel like one most of the time as its surrounded by sea etc. and its pretty green inside. You'll really like the uni, tis a good place to study, well i am told anyway ;)

before you actually start youll probably hear that union street is really rough and dont go there, its where most of the clubs are and I havent head of anyone having any problems. :)

Nix

Nix

Soldato
Amp34 said:
I live on hillside av mutley (just over the tracks) and its a pretty good place to live, never had any problems (except the old locals who constantly moan) and only 10 minutes from uni. Plymouth itself is a pretty nice city, it doesnt really feel like one most of the time as its surrounded by sea etc. and its pretty green inside. You'll really like the uni, tis a good place to study, well i am told anyway ;)

before you actually start youll probably hear that union street is really rough and dont go there, its where most of the clubs are and I havent head of anyone having any problems. :)

I've never had any problems myself there either, but on a saturday night I always see the locals in punch-ups.

Caporegime
I used to live on Bayswater Road, first house after the block of crappy flats next to it. Really big house, all double beds, 3 toilets, 1 shower, 1 bath, kitchen, dinning room and Living room with security alarm. Really good location, close to trainstation, 5 mins to uni and Sainsburys. I had friends who lived near Destinys/ Vue Cinema, past Richer Sounds and keep going and you'll come across a lot of houses. It is about 20 mins walk from uni thou but its a nice area with big houses.

Soldato
Amp34 said:

Green? I'd say more grey.

I tend to stay well away from Union Street as there always seems to be fights going on there but I'm sure if you keep your head down you'll be fine.

Caporegime
punky_munky said:
Green? I'd say more grey.

I tend to stay well away from Union Street as there always seems to be fights going on there but I'm sure if you keep your head down you'll be fine.

Well green in comparison to most cities, I hate cities but like plymouth, probably because i spend half my time blatting around the sound. :p

Soldato
Nix said:
I've heard really bad things about Chris Storey...
The guy and all his staff are crooks. Lived in one of his places in my final year, the place was spotless save for a couple of things you'd expect having had 4 people live there for a year and they kept almost all our deposits for BS reasons, and wouldn't entertain the idea of us appealing. Not only that, but they'd regularly turn up on the doorstep unannounced asking if they could show people around.

Nix

Nix

Soldato
One thing you'll learn at university is that everyone else gets a look in on your student loan but you.

People seem to see students as walking cash machines.

Soldato
OP
Hi,
Who is this Chris Storey character? What building does he own or is he a landlord who let's out a number of places?

Cheers

Soldato
S7yl3s said:
Hi,
Who is this Chris Storey character? What building does he own or is he a landlord who let's out a number of places?

Cheers
its a letting agent
they have quite a high % of the propertys for rent in plymouth
its up on north hill.

Last edited:

Nix

Nix

Soldato
VeNT said:
tbh, they have been good with a few of my m8s up there
seem ok as long as you don't bugger them around, they won't give you any lee way tbh.

nice ey?

Never really been a huge fan of them, but there's only ever one reason you go to the scholar ;)

Nix

Nix

Soldato
Matt said:
The scholar is a complete hole. I hate it! The only reason people go there must be that it's about 50m from the uni halls.

Aye. I don't like the place either. Grotty little dive.

I'm still trying to work out what's to special about Cuba to be honest with you. It's small, cramped and expensive. Am I missing something?

Soldato
Nix said:
Aye. I don't like the place either. Grotty little dive.

I'm still trying to work out what's to special about Cuba to be honest with you. It's small, cramped and expensive. Am I missing something?
I hear they closed that "the long room" place (the orange one on mutly) I realy liked it there, any idea why its gone?

Back
Top Bottom