Plymouth & Plymouth Uni help...

Nix

Nix

Soldato
Stoned_SpaZZZ said:
Lol my housemate used to have a job in jakes, as the cheese grater!

Gotta have good qualifications for that you know :p

I'm seriously tempted to walk to get a Jakes now, but it's the other side of town! :/

There's a 'posh' jakes in the city centre now, but meh. Might just go get a maccies, aint had one for an era.

Soldato
Nix said:
Gotta have good qualifications for that you know :p

I'm seriously tempted to walk to get a Jakes now, but it's the other side of town! :/

There's a 'posh' jakes in the city centre now, but meh. Might just go get a maccies, aint had one for an era.
"now" being like over 5 year ago, as it was there when I was back at college and used to go up to plymouth shopping with the ex

Nix

Nix

Soldato
Raymond Lin said:
I think only a couple of times, that place call the China something was quite good last time i went. We used to head to the roundabouts, very student place.

O'Hollans or whatever it's called - the Irish bar. That's pretty cool place, they spread sawdust on the floor.

Down the barbican though, I've been to the Quay club on rock night a few times, usually a laugh. I went in one pub down the barbican, I can't remember what it was but it was very student friendly and quite relaxed. Another pub was full of the type who women who sit around drinking pitchers of ale waiting for their husband lol. Not very welcoming at all.

Nix

Nix

Soldato
VeNT said:
"now" being like over 5 year ago, as it was there when I was back at college and used to go up to plymouth shopping with the ex

Pff :p

I'm a Plymouth noob. Leave me be ;)

Man of Honour
6thElement said:
Does Caspians still exist on Mutley Plain where you'd head at 3am for a kebab which would likely kill you?

It does, although Charcoal city is much, much better.

It could be worse, it could be Ali baba's..... *shudder*

Nix

Nix

Soldato
Dolph said:
It does, although Charcoal city is much, much better.

It could be worse, it could be Ali baba's..... *shudder*

That the one opposite the Armada Centre?

I had a kebab from there one night, and I can honestly say it is the most foul kebab I've ever had in my life.

Nix

Nix

Soldato
Dolph mate, can you recommend me a good chinese around here? One that's preferabley not stupidly expensive...

There's one behind Evolutions but that's expensive, there's one on the way to the barbican if you walk behind the civic centre which isn't too bad on price, tastes quite nice too. I know there's one on Mutley, but my mate said avoid it because his flatmates and him all got really bad food poisoning when they ordered from there...

Man of Honour
Nix said:
Dolph mate, can you recommend me a good chinese around here? One that's preferabley not stupidly expensive...

Certainly can. Best Chinese in plymouth, IMO, is off north hill, down a road called Clifton place, and called "Golden Oriental Delight". Their crispy chilli beef is incredible, and they used to do student discount (not sure if they still do).

It's good enough that we'll still drive most of the way across the city to get chinese if we want it from there.

Clifton Place is the other road that meets North Hill at the North road East traffic lights.

For the record, the best indian is on Wolsey road (which isn't the nicest of areas) but their food is fantastic :)

Nix

Nix

Soldato
Dolph said:
Certainly can. Best Chinese in plymouth, IMO, is off north hill, down a road called Clifton place, and called "Golden Oriental Delight". Their crispy chilli beef is incredible, and they used to do student discount (not sure if they still do).

It's good enough that we'll still drive most of the way across the city to get chinese if we want it from there.

Clifton Place is the other road that meets North Hill at the North road East traffic lights.

For the record, the best indian is on Wolsey road (which isn't the nicest of areas) but their food is fantastic :)

Cheers buddy.

So going up North Hill, past spa - that junction road?

Caporegime
Dolph said:

Sounds like a trek and a half, the furthest i've gone past North Hill is to the Bookies there for the Grand National, near the KFC.

Soldato
Ahhh classic, i had a burger of some description from Jake's when i was down visiting a mate who goes to Plymouth Uni. I was quite drunk but i think it was called a New Yorker or something like that.....

Back
Top Bottom