Pokemon GO! (2016)

Soldato
What's the player base like for this now? All the hype has gone and I've not touched the game for over a month. I've got a friend who is still obsessed though!

Soldato
Nowhere near as large which is somewhat a good thing. Less competition for gyms but those who remain are the real try hard sorts with hundreds of powerful mons

Pretty much that. If you need any chance of staying in a gym for a few days, you need 2500+ cp pokemons. I've got a top 5 which are above and next 5 are above 2000cp.

Caporegime
I turned this on for the first time in months too. Saw the gyms occupied and decided to turn it straight back off. With no other real objective than gyms. And no way to compete is kind of pointless.

Soldato
I've been playing the game on and off, mainly off, but I got back into a bit with gen 2 coming out.

New event starting today similar to the Christmas one. Basically just Pikachu's in party hats.

Soldato
The gym situation isn't that bad everywhere, really depends where you live. My local gyms rarely get above 5 and are usually around 3, though it's a different matter if I go into town.

Soldato
The new gym system has just resulted in pokemon being stuck in gyms and not getting any rewards for it. The previous stronghold gyms seem to be ignored and as a result they don't get any gold. The previous high turnover gyms just keep changing hands before 10 mins so you get no coins. Even if you get over 10 mins you are getting 1 coin. I wouldn't mind so much if there was more than a 50 coin limit per gym per day. Then at least it could be possible to accrue gold for holding the gym a long time. Even better you get the gold even while the Pokemon is still in the gym.

Soldato
In rural areas raids are nearly impossible (for the 3-4* rated) unless you hang around street corners waiting for someone to come and assist. A gym that was dominated by a pub team no one touches as they'd take it over within 10mins so now we just leave it and they are no longer getting daily coins for it. The others usually change hands every few hours which works quite well. Overall I'm getting more coins than I did before.

Associate
So I tried a raid, 2*?, no other players around and solo'd it. Assuming they get harder......
1 and 2 are easy picking, 3 if you have the right team with the right move against the right raid boss it's do-able but not something many can do, 2 players it becomes a lot easier with the right team mate, 3 people it's a breeze.

Level 4 it's usually a case of 5 minimum and they need to be selecting the right pokemons for the job, with each extra player it gets that bit easier.

Sadly after the initial couple of days I've not found a single raid with more than a couple of us, there's too many raid in a day with people only using a free pass for one a day, so it's already become unachievable. (That's in a City 30 miles away). Nearest town with a gym is 7 miles away, and that's going to be solo raid only going off the last couple of days.

Once again Niantic seem to be releasing ideas that are more in the alpha stage never mind beta.

Soldato
Loaded up the game but wow, the performance seems incredibly worse on my 6P, low framerate and longer loading times when tapping a pokestop/gym in busier areas. A few months ago it was running pretty smoothly.

Tried a gym but the HP and special guages kept jumping all over the place, and the enemy pokemon was stuck on 0 HP most of the time which usually leads to time running out. Same with raids, and more often my phone kept coming up with network error on both wifi and mobile.

Caporegime
What's the player base like for this now? All the hype has gone and I've not touched the game for over a month. I've got a friend who is still obsessed though!
still loads playing it in newcastle upon tyne, most lvl5 raids in the city centre areas get at-least 2 different groups of 12+ people

Usually I'll pop a long to a raid then most if not all the group will stick together for a few more
We have a really active discord group for organising as well.

When I was in Nottingham for 3 weeks I only ever saw one raid taking place in the city centre :S

I'm just missing moltres from the birds :(

Back
Top Bottom