Police Taser their own race relations adviser in Bristol

Soldato
How is this thread still going?! the police believed he was a person that was wanted, they asked him his name, he refused to identify himself, police have reasonable suspision that he is the person they are looking for but he refuses to identify himself so quite rightly so they arrest him until they can determine his identity. He resisted arrest so based on his actions in the video they used what i would deem reasonable force to subdue him. Guy was an idiot, deserved it.

Thread end/

Clearly not seen the video, at no point was he arrested, it was long after the police violence was he told he was under arrest.

If they believed him to be the suspect they should have arrested him straight away.

Soldato
apart from, the fact that in the video shown, not once did they tell him he was under arrest until after he was tazered.

they started with if you dont tell me your name you will be under arrest.

thats is not good enough.

He was either free to go about his business of going home with his dog, or he was under arrest for being coloured.

Exactly. This is what people are failing to understand.

"Tell us your name or you are under arrest" is not something that is acceptable for an officer to say.

Soldato
Someone on here will be suggesting the old dosser should be canonized for his "race relations" prowess next.... <LOL> Amazing how professionally these advisers present themselves. Has he been sacked yet?

He is well loved by his community and the out pouring of support and love he has received says more than your pathetic comments about his appearance.

He is caribbean from what I gather, the people ****ging off how he looks should be ashamed of themselves.

Soldato
I think he deserved to be tasered. What a moron. Could have diffused the situation completely by complying a little. I totally understand people wanting to protect their privacy and civil rights, but unfortunately we live in an imperfect world and the police can't operate under the assumption that people will just give themselves up after a committing a crime, hence why they have to investigate. He could have just given his name, let them do their thing and get on with life.

Man of Honour
Clearly not seen the video, at no point was he arrested, it was long after the police violence was he told he was under arrest.

You haven't seen the video. You've seen what you'd already decided had happened.

You remind me of this:

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/15/...tack-show-the-power-of-false-memory.html?_r=0

There are many, many other examples, but that's the one that comes to my mind at the moment.

In any case, there isn't a video available. There is an edited partial video, but it's clear from your posts that you haven't seen it.

If they believed him to be the suspect they should have arrested him straight away.

And then you'd be saying the same things because you've pre-decided that's how things are. Probably more so, since in that scenario the police would be going straight in with an arrest rather than trying to determine if they had the right person. Perhaps you're suggesting that course of action because it would be easier for you to fit in into your biases.

Man of Honour
[..]
"Tell us your name or you are under arrest" is not something that is acceptable for an officer to say.

"We think you are [wanted person] and if you refuse to tell us who you are we'll arrest you because we think you're [wanted person]" is acceptable for an officer to say. Very much so - they're trying to be nice about it rather than going straight to an arrest (which would also be an acceptable thing for an officer to do).

You and all the others who are saying this person should be given special treatment because of his "race" are just plain wrong. You think "race" is of paramount importance, but it isn't. It's not even a real thing.

Man of Honour
"We think you are [wanted person] and if you refuse to tell us who you are we'll arrest you because we think you're [wanted person]" is acceptable for an officer to say. Very much so - they're trying to be nice about it rather than going straight to an arrest (which would also be an acceptable thing for an officer to do).

they can detain without arresting while they establish facts,
i would be interested to know if they told him he was being detained before the video starts
apparently the coppers had bodycams so i guess we'l see that at some point if it backs up the coppers position, if we dont see it then you know why ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
It's now come out that he is routinely stopped by the police, and this was the 3rd time in a week he had been suspected of something, despite committing no crime, apart from maybe walking whilst black.

Caporegime
It's now come out that he is routinely stopped by the police, and this was the 3rd time in a week he had been suspected of something, despite committing no crime, apart from maybe walking whilst black.

Clearly fantastic at the job of police community relations then.

Raz

Raz

Soldato
Spot the white people who have no concept of the experiences that some minorities have at the hands of the police.

I agree with that, but - and this is important here - in most cases where a person has been stopped or approached by police, regardless of colour, it's easy for the situation to escalate into a confrontation unless you simply comply with what they're asking.

Wasn't it a black police chief in America that said even though he's a senior police officer he still gets pulled over by white police officers seemingly for no reason - but rather than get into a confrontation he keeps it civil, complies with their requests and they part on friendly terms.

Man of Honour

Or maybe looking somewhat like someone else.

Just because you think "race" is all that matters doesn't mean everyone else does.

Assuming, of course, that your claim about him being stopped 3 times in a week is true. Which it might or might not be.

Associate
He wasn't 'relating' much to anyone and got punished for it. Perhaps they should have just pooped through his letterbox instead?

Back
Top Bottom