Police urged to stop 'burly black men' harassing MPs

Soldato
Is telling someone they are not British now a hate crime in the liberal bible?

No, but he's quite clearly inferring because the officer is from an ethnic minority that he is not British. I think we go to farfpolicing soft on things at times but if you can't see what he is quite clearly implying here you are of an extremely limited intellect or purposefully choosing to misinterpret his intent.

On a general point the whole situation is both amusing and worrying. Amusing as it's angry white blokes probably unemployed, seeking to make money through being "hard" ***** (they are seeking money actively, just bite your tongue and look at their videos for evidence) and be an internet celebrity as a way to make money. It's amusing because if they were genuinely looking for a fight they wouldn't be running round with a camera on a selfie stick like an angry little tourist whilst screaming moronic abuse. They are a joke.

They worrying element is that the clowns like those little wannabe xenophobes might just inspire a real nut job, like the Jo Cox killer, to think it's all fair game now and actually attack someone.

The police need to come down on this like a tonne of bricks, peaceful protest is fine, loud protest is fine, marching down a blinking street or blocking a bridge is fine but when you start physically assaulting people, threatening them with violence and intimidating it is the polices duty to act.

The police probably won't act though until it is too late and someone is seriously hurt.

Soldato
Yes, they do and some in the press (like Owen Jones) encourage it. So it's quite funny that he got a taste of it himself.

Antifa and the far right are two sides of the same coin really.

Agreed...

How big do you think Antifa are exactly?

Significant in the US and getting more predominant in the UK... OK, yes, not worldwide but like the far right not helpful in todays political climate.

Soldato
The police need to come down on this like a tonne of bricks, peaceful protest is fine, loud protest is fine, marching down a blinking street or blocking a bridge is fine but when you start physically assaulting people, threatening them with violence and intimidating it is the polices duty to act.

The police probably won't act though until it is too late and someone is seriously hurt.

As long as its applied unilaterally to groups such as Antifa as well.

Caporegime
Whoever crosses that line should absolutely be held accountable.

One side just makes it so blatantly easy it's hard to compare the ability of the police to respond, most of the time Anti-fa are anti-government as well, so prepare to for that eventuality. I don't want to say the their compatriots on the other side of the fence are stupid, but i will regardless cause it seems to be largely true, maybe it's righteousness or something.

If you're going to be a **** at least attempt to do it low-key, people so happy to convict themselves is humorous though, people defending them as if it's somehow "oof one side is being treated differently" is not funny though.

Soldato
One thing that I think should be implemented is a ban on face coverings at protests. If you are at a protest then protest peacefully and stand by your convictions and be prepared to have action taken against you should you be involved in violence. Don't cover your face like a coward.

Caporegime
Genius isn't it, copying the huge number of french protesters, made up of people of all political affiliations (left and right) who are generally pro-EU, and using it as a uniform for a little gang of 20 people in a pro-brexit protest.

Associate
I believe the Policeman is white European who James is directing his anger at.

I watched about an hour's worth of footage on this incident, and the incident with Anna is pretty tame compared to how they were behaving the rest of the time.

They keep going on about that they get treated differently to remainers, yet the Police showed a megaton of restraint in dealing with these yobs. They literally obstructed Police officers physically and constantly shouted abuse at them.

They are trying to play the victims, yet they behaved like mindless hooligans and I urge everyone to watch the whole footage.

Caporegime
One thing that I think should be implemented is a ban on face coverings at protests. If you are at a protest then protest peacefully and stand by your convictions and be prepared to have action taken against you should you be involved in violence. Don't cover your face like a coward.

Lol ok, alpha male talk here.

Caporegime
I believe the Policeman is white European who James is directing his anger at.

I watched about an hour's worth of footage on this incident, and the incident with Anna is pretty tame compared to how they were behaving the rest of the time.

They keep going on about that they get treated differently to remainers, yet the Police showed a megaton of restraint in dealing with these yobs. They literally obstructed Police officers physically and constantly shouted abuse at them.

They are trying to play the victims, yet they behaved like mindless hooligans and I urge everyone to watch the whole footage.

They are provoking on purpose.

It actually does them a favour to try and get arrested for something fairly minor as they can then claim on YouTube or wherever that the police state is trying to silence them, and gain even more viewers/donations

Caporegime
He has a point when it comes to anonymity though. Sure some people don't want to be recognized for good reasons but others seem to use their face coverings as a passport to act like rioters and gangs rather than protesters.

Hardly going to stop people is it, if there's a huge crowd that's already looking for action (to be fair it's usually a minority that bring about any hint of violence), it's so massively irrelevant. Fact is any ol' randomer can jump into a protest cause a scene and **** right off before the police can even identify them.

Soldato
Hardly going to stop people is it, if there's a huge crowd that's already looking for action (to be fair it's usually a minority that bring about any hint of violence), it's so massively irrelevant. Fact is any ol' randomer can jump into a protest cause a scene and **** right off.

While true, we have been seeing members of protest identified and charged weeks and months after protests because they have caught snap shots of their faces from social media. Not too long ago 12 guys acting violently at Tommy Robinson protests were identified from social media videos.

Just knowing that there are cameras in every pair of trousers around you ready to capture evidence may be enough to deter some people from acting too stupidly.

Back
Top Bottom